Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sickness/Fainting

well after being under the impression i'd escaped the sickness it kicked in on Saturday along with the constant feeling of feeling faint, my blood pressure is really really low and i normally control with diet however the only things i can keep down are bread and shreddies which doesn't help!!

Gutted i have gone off everything including chocolate!!

Just wanted a whinge but if any of you ladies have any tips on how to get by it would much appreciated as it wasn't this bad with my ds!

Gem x

Replies

• hi,

i have had the worst sickness, head aches and just feeling like i have flu for 3 weeks now!! there are a few things you can try:

ice pops

sea bands

ginger nuts

plain food, cheese and rivita

lots of sleep

try and eat a little before you get out of bed

hopefully some of these will work for you! they havent for me at all and ive just had to plough through it which has been horrible image

think its coming to the end now at 10 weeks-touch wood image

H x
  • thanks very much for that, i'm thinking ice pops may be the winner there, i actually managed to keep a cheese sandwich down at lunch however have felt so faint all day....just hope it passes soon!

Jut dreading the headaches now got them from about 16 weeks with ds so fully expecting them again....the joys!

All i can say is roll on December!! xx
  • I don't have the sickness thank god for that, but this time (2nd pregnancy) I'm feeling fatigue, very dizzy. For the past couple of days I've been lying down all day just do bits and bobs. Just can't wait for these 3 months to be over.

Whenever I feel nauseous I drink orange juice or ribena strawberry always helps.
  • Awe I really feel for you all. I tried preggy pops with my last pregnancy and they really did help. Though they were blooming expensive.

I am really looking forward to when this cloud of nausea and tiredness lifts... but keep the faith it will, really and in about a months time it will all be like a dream that happened to someone else. Or maybe I am just running quickly towards dementia as I seem to forget every uncomfortable aspect of pregnancy and childbirth until I'm in the moment. Then it hits me and I think 'oh right, oh dear, now I remember...' :roll:

As for chocolate, isn't it awful that you can go off such wonderful things. I still have a box of 6 cadbury cream eggs that I'd bought for me image but haven't been able to eat. Now the children are done all their easter chocolates it's becoming a chore to get them to keep out of my eggs, because as they say if I don't eat them why shouldn't they. lol

xx
  • i've had nausea for a while, but last night the sickness well and truly kicked in, after eating spaghetti bol, this morning it is almost everything ive eaten that has come back, except chocolate. im wondering what a diet of just chocolate will do for the weight gain over the next month.
  • Hi G/C from DIS but thought I'd advise if feeling faint with it, you may well be dehydrated in which case the best thing for both hunger and thirst is ice lollies. Sucking on them stems the nausea/need to eat as well as topping up your fluid levels.