Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice about pain/cramps

Hi,

This my first post. Im 6wks, due 31 Dec. I'm v worrid as Ive had continous period like cramps for days and wondered if anyone else has experienced this? saw Gp who has booked me in for a scan on monday morning.

Had hoped my first post in Due in would be a happier one....it's just taken so long to get here I don't tink I can help but be apprehensive.

Replies

• hi hun

yes i've had something similar. I had it with my daughter and she was fine and i'm having them again this time around. They weren't severe cramps but more like twinges and general discomfort. I often used to say that i felt as though there was a ball of putty in my tummy that was being stretched every which way!! Is that what you're experiencing? For me, it was the uterus growing. could well be that for you.

I'm no expert but i think cramps without bleeding should be ok. i would have thought it was your body adjusting to all the ' magic' happening in your belly!

Fingers crossed

Rach x
  • Hi,

I had horrendous cramps with my last pregnancy and I have had them with this one too. I was told it was all round ligament pain. Mine were because I had an ovary removed 2 years before I fell pg 1st time so muscles and scar tissue were angry. This time I have not only that but C section scar too. I would say don't panic too much, unless there's bleeding. Great that you're having a scan though, just to ensure everything is in the right place and ovarian cysts in pg can cause cramping too. from what I understand, they mostly go away on their own.

Hope that helps, and I hope you are ok. its a very anxious time huh? and everyday seems to last an eternity!

All the best,

Lou, also due 31st Dec!
  • Hi Rach & Lou,

Thanks for messages. feeling alot less anxious now, still have the cramps, but they aren't as sharp now. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow.