Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011

Sorting Xmas!

Hi all,

So I know it's only June but I'm due Xmas day and will also have a 16 month old toddler, in my last pregnancy I went into labour at 38 weeks and 3 weeks prior to that I was so swollen and had terrible back ache that I didn't really go out so I'm thinking I want to have all Xmas presents bought and wrapped by the start of nov so all I need to concentrate on is my little family and the Xmas food shop which the Hubby will help with!

I just wondered if anyone else had the same thoughts and will you bother buying for baby? I know that sounds harsh but they will get loads from family and friends both when they are born and for Xmas and I would rather treat them to something once they need it or maybe buy them some new clothes inrhe sale!

What's everyones thoughts, if you've even thought about it lol!

Becky

Xxx

Replies

• i'm also due xmas day and my lo will be 3 next month, i plan on sorting xmas by octobers wage packet, and will do the xmas food shopping when i can or send hubby, my current plan is for a section and therefore hopefully baby around the 15th home by the 20th and 5 days left to sort the last few bits, i also plan to work til the beginning of december so wont have to much time off b4 baby to get stuff sorted. exciting times ahead. x
  • G/C from DIS.

Hi, my daughter was born in October 2003, Christmas that year I spent a small fortune on gifts plus what others had bought her, she was 2 months old. We had 2 massive tables full of presents and most wasn't used. I swore I would never do the same again. With this one we are going to ask people to buy clothes in 6-12 months(baby will be 4 months, being induced at 38 weeks) This way we know she will get the use out of them and it will save us having to buy any for a while xx

p.s- I have already started xmas shopping image
  • Hello. I hadn't really thought about getting presents for baby, given that s/he will only be 2 weeks old (fingers crossed I won't be late!) so won't really know what's going on. I might get something but definitely won't be spending loads - someone remind me of that when I'm doing my Christmas shopping later in the year. Like you say, they will need bits throughout the year which will be quite expensive and I imagine presents for new borns are more for the parents than the baby!! Good idea to get all other presents done as early as possible. I'm going to set up an online food delivery nearer the time so don't have to worry about getting out to the shops for food. x
  • I'm a bit worried of what we will do for Christmas as we live the other side of the country to our families and I have never spent it without them.... have to see how that goes.

Definitely going to shop early usually have pressies sorted by end of November as I hate the crowded shops! Think I'll get card sorted early too.

Our families are likely to ask us what we want for little one and depending what we have it is likely to be clothes in the next size up... or money for their savings -start them young!

As for us I will buy little one bits and bobs, I know I won't be able to stop myself! But as we aren't going to find out if its a boy or a girl it might be some girlie/boyish clothes, an outfit for Christmas or something for the nursery, definitely won't be spending a fortune.

Very excited about the idea of having a new addition to the family for Christmas.

Mooomin x
  • Hi all, our baby is due December 5th.

Myself and OH have talked about bits and bobs for Christmas. We're going to my parents Christmas day like normal any way and we think that boxing day we'll stay at home and have our own little christmas dinner and a few little presents for baby.

We're also only buying natural colours for baba as every one will more that likely buy pink or blue at Christmas and when baby is born.

Saying that though my step mum has resently told us that she would love to by pretty much everything for baby i.e pushchair, cotbed, moses basket and so on. The main reasin that she wants to do all this for us though is because she could never have children and I am like a child to her any way. Wouldn't dare say no and upset her either though.

xx
  • I've already put away a cupboard full of presents... :roll:

But dh and I both come from large families, 14 siblings between us, with over a dozen nieces and nephews, and four of our own. We don't buy for every single person, but we do try to for the children, and of course our own.

I'm hoping to get in all done well in advance.

I'm due the 7th and while I'm not going to put presents under the tree, I will do the baby a stocking. Just bibs, socks, vests, a soft cuddly, that sort of stuff. My children would be very upset if the baby was left out. So it's more for them, and so they don't feel father christmas 'forgot' the baby. I'm not sure they would forgive him. image

Has anyone thought about trees? We normally have a real tree, but I'm not sure I can take the needles dropping this year. I have always hoovered twice a day, but don't want to commit to that in the baby's first days.

xx
  • Non-drop tree thats all I can say! Not sure how old your children are but if mum had said we weren't having a real tree we would have hovered every day!

Mooomin x
  • G/C from DIS but my DD was born 12/12/09 (though actually due 04/12/09). We had most of our xmas shopping bought and wrapped by october with a few small top ups bought giftwrapped during nov. We didn't really buy any xmas presents for her as our opinion was she'd be too young to know anyway (she got spoiled rotten last xmas instead). We told relatives that asked that our xmas present to her had been setting up her trust fund and making a contribution.