Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Fathers Day

Hi,

Obviously little one won't be here but are you going to get OH a father(to-be)card or pressie?

Not sure I would love it if the situation was reversed but my OH thinks I'm daft about things like this.

Mooomin x

Replies

• I was thinking this image, so glad im not the only one!! We come back from holiday that day (and its my birthday!!) and i was thinking of leaving something on the bed before we go away so when we come back its there ready! (and I will have forgotton myself so it will be a surprise for me too! hehe!) I was thinking of a newborn outfit and a card, might make it a bit more real for hubs to see the size he/she will be image xx
  • You two are so sweet. You have very lucky oh/dhs.

Dh, is getting a new fishing rod, reel, and assorted pieces from the children, but I'm not generous enough to get him something from the babe in progress.

Dd1 was born on father's day, so that year I did get him a card and a pocket watch from her, but she was 10 days over due, so I had expected her to already be born.

I think the idea of a little outfit is a great one.

My only idea for suggestions, is you can get baby books with how daddy felt when he was waiting for me, daddy's births story, ect. Maybe that might be a nice way for him to journal the experience for baby and himself later.
  • Hedgie,

Thats a nice thought. Will have to check the book stores at the weekend.

Mooomin x
  • G/C from DIS but with my DD I found a card that was 'to my Husband who takes good care of us' which I thought was lovely and just had to buy. He told me I shouldn't have wasted our money as baby wasn't around but the smile on his face told a different story. If you find something you think is fitting I'd buy it, he'll love it inwardly as a reminder he's going to be a daddy.