Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

News from the hospital

Hi all, ive spent another long day at the hospital again today. So here goes -

The pain i have been having in my left side is down to the ligaments softening early and the pain in my right side is a muscle spasm which aparently is common in pregnancy so the muscles around it are working overtime and so are tense. The physio gave it a massage and oh boy did it hurt!!!! i was alomost crying.

The reaction i have had to the heparin is apparently a bad one, they could give me piriton but they dont think it will help, change to a different kind of heparin but they think that will be just as bad or change completly so some other blood thining drug but it carries risks. What these are i do not know as i have to discuss this with the haematologist (sp?) so i have to go back on monday. So for the time being i have to continue.

Also on monday we have to see the sickle cell department as apparently they couldnt do all the tests on my blood, something to do with my iron levels (which they told me at the mw's were fine so im a bit confused) So Hubs now has to be tested as aparently it would take months for my iron level to be right?? Hubs is not impressed with having to have blood taken!!! i have it everytime i set foot in the hospital!!!

We has our results from the downs test and they show a low chance. This was good for us as with Lily it was a high chance.

And the biggy

We went to the special clinic today that is doing research on pre eclampsia. They did a scan to check the blood flow to the baby. The baby was fine wriggling away and nose diving into my pelvis (no wonder its sore lol) the blood flow is not perfect. The left side is but the right side has too much resitance. She said its nothing to worry about just yet (meaning it is a cause for concern) and that she would have been surprised if, given my history, it was perfect. I have to go back in 4 weeks for another scan to check how it is coping with the baby being bigger. The placenta is anterior over to the left. I am more than a little worried. I know baby is fine as of yet but it seems to me there is a very very good chance this baby is coming early.

Replies

• Sending you hugs. Hope everything works out ok x
  • Its good they are monitoring you really closely. Hope everything goes well.

Mooomin x
  • oh hun u poor thing image good news about the low risk result though. Stay strong, we r all here if u need us

xxx
  • Hi hun. Sorry to hear things are still not going well for you. As the others said, it is good that they are taking good care of you and checking everything out, just a shame they don't seem able to actually do anything helpful or reassuring yet. It must be reassuring to see bubs merrily floating around and being active though. Sending you hugs. xx
  • Thanks guys xx

I am feeling a bit better today, i spoke to a friend who had an awful time with her twins. They had twin to twin and the smallest one also had abnormal blood flow. They were born at 28 weeks and were very very poorly but thay are now one and doing really well. So i have to try not to lose hope xx
  • Just sending you a huge hug. I wouldn't wish this kind of stress on anyone, but for what it's worth you are handling it like superwoman. I am glad that they are taking good care of you, and hope that helps a little.

Take care hun, and keep letting us know how you are. Don't hesitate to have a good rant every now and again either. We are all here hoping for the best for you, and your babe.

xxx