Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011

MW today. Dead chuffed.

Well I had my 2nd MW appointment today, wasn't my original MW but this one was equally as nice.

Sat down with OH and MW started talking about my last blood tests, which I was a bit nervous about but didn't need to be. Found out my blood group which was nice as I've always wanted to know it for some reason. Everything was negative which I knew it would be and I'm immune to Rubella. Then she turned round and said that she hasn't met any one that is as healthy as I am, obviously I was totally shocked.She then said that my HB level (hemoglobin level) is 14.6, which ment nothing to me at the time :lol: Then she said that that is a good level for a women any way let alone a pregnant women image Go me hehe.

I was also supposed to have bloods taken as they couldn't get a nuchal measurement as baby was moving around too much but myself and OH decided against it as we wouldn't go for more tests or get ride of the baby so their was no point we love this baby already and I could never do anything like that. She then said that as my Hb was so amazing she didn't need to take any blood at all unless I wanted her to image.

Then we listened to babys heart beat, almost burst into tears, but nothing new their for me haha.

Need less to say I'm so chuffed that I'm doing so well and baby is so healthy :lol: AND she is really up for me having a homebirth aswell as me and baby are doing so well and she can't see any reason to go into hospital unless I want to image. Can't stop smiling, all I need to do now is be patient for the next 4 weeks and 5 days then we can find out the sex image

xx