Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011

antenatal classes?

Is anyone signing up for nct or other antenatal classes?

I had been thinking of trying to go but have just come off the phone to find out they are full until their December 3rd start date for their 6 week program. lol.

I found a local prenatal yoga class and I'm thinking about attending that.

Is anyone else considering any classes?

xxx

Replies

• I would like to even though have done it before - thought would be good to do a refresher course to meet other 2nd time mums, but my problem is where i'll most likely be living and having the baby will not be where I'll be once the baby is born, so i'd meet people and then move. Not sure there's a way round that. I found the classes invaluable last time though - hadn't a clue beforehand what to expect!
  • Thinking about it. OH thinks its a waste of money though after having nephews and nieces I apparently know it all!

Would be good if I did.... he definitely doesn't though and I think it would be good for him to learn stuff from someone other than me and be able to support me more.

We'll see it is ??180 but we are lucky and have been offered most baby items from friends and family.

Do you ladies think its worth it?

Mooomin x
  • We moved shortly after DD was born so for that reason didn't want to invest in the NCT classes, but we did NHS class which was fine, nowhere near as big a group as I thought it'd be. We covered stuff for hubbys too inc a bit of physio/massage they could do on us to help with contractions - and we used it all! For me it was mostly about learning about the different stages, as I said, I really didn't know anything! Plus I made a couple of friends image
  • Hi!

we have been debating this for a while but as its our first we have decided to book them!! We will be having 8 2hour sessions on a monday evening from late septemeber as it suits both of our work scheduals. its ??157 but i think it will be worth it to really embrace the experience!! xx
  • I found NCT classes to be odf great value with first baby. A friend of mine didn't bother and knew nothing, didn't know she was in labour and really struggled with it.I had a homebirth with mt first.
  • Hey. I am doing NCT classes, mainly to meet other people and also because the NHS ones are during the day so OH wouldn't be able to make them and I really want him there. We're doing them over a weekend at the end of Oct, as OH can't guarantee being home at a certain time for 8 weeks to make them. I'm also starting prenatal yoga on Thursday! Quite excited about that as I do feel I really need to get some exercise. I'd like to do aquanatal classes to but they are on Monday lunchtimes so I can't really get to them which is a shame. I am currently considering a hypnobirthing course but it's quite expensive. Views on hypnobirthing if anyone has done it are welcome. xx
  • Hey huglibear my friend just had a baby and did hypnobirthing classes she has recommended them but mainly for relaxation and sleep but said they didn't help with the actual labour x
  • I've got my classes booked for November the 1st and 8th 2hours both days in the evening so OH can come along aswell. Very excited about it all.

I'm also getting yoga and pilates but not a class I'm going to invest in a few dvds.

I'm also thinking about doing hypnobirthing as we would love a home birth I do have one recording on my computer that I listen to occasionaly but deffinatly getting a cd to upload onto my ipod.

xx