Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Visit to hospital

Hello Ladies,

I thought once 12 week scan had come and gone I could stop worrying but had a small bleed Monday night. Went in and was examined and they think its just 'one of those things' but I'm terrified its all going to go wrong.

Did get to hear little ones heart beat go swish swish at 20 miles an hour which was lovely but am just worried. Had to have my first anti-d injection and while I was there they took blood as my Nuchal scan wasn't done properly, beginning to feel like a pin cushion. But there hasn't been any more red bleeding since so am chilling and trying not to worry.

20 week scan can't come too soon!

Mooomin x

Replies

• Options
    Sorry to hear about the bleed - I'm sure it was just ''one of those things'' like they said. It seems to be fairly common to have a small bleed that turns out to be nothing (not that it stops the mummy worrying, of course!!!).

Keeping my fingers crossed that you have no more pesky bleeding image

xx
  • Options
    oh hun how scary, i had a bright red bleed the day before my 12 weeks scan so i know how terrifying it is. Thye thought mine was just where i was so constipated and i was having to strain I just ruptured a blood vessle down there as it is so engorged with blood. Thye described it a bit like a nose bleed!!! They say it can happen when you sneeze as well!! Scary isnt it!! I have a doppler now just so i am reassured that LO is still ok, plus as soon as u start to feel it move u can relax a little.

Stay strong lovely

xxx
  • Options
    Hugs hun,

I'm glad baby was there swoosh swishing away. So sorry for you to have to go through so much worry.

Take care of you, and try not to worry to much, there are thousands of women who bleed on and off through pregnancy and have healthy babies. I just hope from here out it all goes easier for you.

xx