Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I have a wriggly baby in my tummy!!!

Well... I can feel it move!!!

I have done for about a week! To check it was bubba we used the doppler we borrowed and i told hubby when i felt LO move so he could see if he could hear it move!!! it defo was bubba!!! Now i feel it all the time, its really gentle at the moment and only feel it when I sit and rest but it is the most amazing feeling!!! I am 16 weeks by the way and this is my first!!

I LOVE IT!!!

xxx

Replies

• I have felt the odd weird sensation over the last couple of days I'm 15 +3. Thought it might be related to the bleed but I can feel odd twitchy movements -usually when I'm lying down. Must be awesome to know it is your little one you can feel.

Looking forward to feeling proper movements -but not to being battered internally as little one gets bigger! image

Mooomin x
  • I keep thinking I can feel baby, but I'm only 13 weeks so not sure, although it's my 3rd pregnancy so could be! It's so exciting. Like bubbles at the moment!
  • OOO me too image

I wasn't really sure at first as my MW told me that as this is my 1st baby I probably wouldn't feel it untill 18-20 months :? but I keep feeling like bubbles low down so I'm assuming it's the baby.

xx
  • Im the same can feel 'something' when i stop and rest. I was thinking this was all in my head but yesterday the mw said that if you are thinking is that the baby or isnt it, 9 times out of ten it is the baby. xxx
  • me too aswell. i felt dd1 at 15 weeks but had been feeling something for a few weeks but convinced myself that it couldnt be as it was too early.

this time i have been feeling definate movements for over the last 2 weeks and for a couple of weeks before that. didnt dare tell anyone though as they would think i was just crazy as it was 'too early'

dh can also it feel it already too
  • Ahh congrats there is nothing like feeling those 1st movements. It like butterflys and so nice and reasurring confirmation of your baby like a communication between just you and then. Expecially in the early days as only you can feel it x I would say enjoy these feelings because as they grow bigger the movements and kicks can actually hurt sometimes.
  • I know what u mean!!! People keep saying its too early for me to feel it with my first but I know what I feel!! I had my 16 week check yesterday and thank god the midwife believed me!!!

I am looking forward to feelin it stronger but not the painful bit!!

xxx
  • I def had a very wriggly baby last night, all thelittle things ive been feeling and wasnt sure they was no mistaking that last night! It was the most wonderful feeling in the world!!! I just hope baby keeps it up now and it wasnt a one of for a while!!!
  • Had a GTT yesterday and little one was obviously on a sugar high and jumping all over the place! Was definitely little one made the test not quite as bad.

Mooomin x
  • Awww It must be soo lovely to feel bubba moving about! I can't wait to feel our little peanut and hoping as i'm 17 weeks tomorrow i won't have to wait too long!