Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

problem booking 20 week scan.

i have got an appointment thru for a vbac clinic, although i think i would prefer another section, my vbac clinic is when im just 19 weeks and they wont book my 20 week scan until i have my vbac clinic. phoned up today to express concern that there will be a huge shortage of scan appointments to be told tough thats how they do it. explained that i work in the hospital and need to book time off, i run clinics and ward rounds so cant just walk away. still no joy. so at this rate i could end up with no 20 week scan or have to go private just so that i can actually make the time given. so frustrated, and emotional. feel silly but just want to cry. rant over. sorry guys.x

Replies

• G/C from DIS but have never heard of it being a problem to book a 20wk scan until after a VBAC clinic. Have they given you a reason why they won't do it. I wouldn't have thought that the clinic would have any effect on your scan and have had friends & family have both booked prior to attending either of them.
  • they wont give a reason just say thats how they do it, will speak to my midwife in a fortnight and see what she says, but it does seem ridiculous as i will need a scan anyway.
  • It does sound very ridiculous, I have had my 20 week scan appointment through since a couple days after my 12 week scan, and I don't go to the VBAC clonic until I'm 34 weeks! Got my appointment through for October already!

Your decision whether to VBAC or not will nopt impact on the outcome of the anomoly scan, so it is very confusing as to why they do it this way in your area!

Jo xx