Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Leaking nipples??

I'm 17 weeks and 1 day but last night when I woke up to go to the toilet I noticed that my boobs had some clear fluid on them around my nipples so washed it off and went back to sleep. I'm not sure if it's normal so early! I've googled it and I've found a couple of sites that say that colostrom is produced at 14 weeks and it's normal to have a bit of a leak as long as thier is no blood I shouldn't worry. But this is my first pregnancy that has got this far so I don't have a clue :?

Has any one else ever experienced this? And am I normal?

xx

Replies

• G/C from DIS but wanted to say don't panic, different people will experience this at different times. As long as it is painless & blood free then there is no cause for concern. You may experience it slightly more if you are around young children especially when they cry & is a perfectly normal motherly response from your body.
  • Thank you KazzieM, makes me feel more relaxed knowing that it's normal. I did panic a little bit a blamed it on OH for cuddling me in the night and tucking his hand under one :roll: hehe.

xx
  • It is very normal, don't worry.

TMI (sorry)

But you may want to put a mattress protector on your bed or start wearing breast pads, by week 20, I wake up soaked....

xxx