Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

maternity clothes

I am starting to look for maternity clothes. Is anyone else starting to look for a few items?

I looked in mothercare, new look, and next and have found very little. I think I am off to browse ebay. lol.

xxx

Replies

• Hi, I've been in maternity trousers for a while now bump seems to grom non stop image but I bought a pair of leggings and summery trousers from peacocks. They're very comfy and cheap, I didn't want to spend lots on clothes that I wont fit into for too long after baby is here. I also have a couple of tops from mothercare and some tops from next (not maternity) just a size or 2 bigger.

H&M have a fairly good section aswell.

xx
  • I was wondering if I was a bit of a fraud looking at maternity already but relieved im not the only one!! :lol:

Im lucky i work in a clothes shop and there are a few maternity items i can get on allowance image, hoping that will last me even if i double up on things. tops and jumpers im hoping to make do with bigger for a long while.

My normal clothes still fit just starting to get snug with trousers. Hows everyone else finding things?xxx
  • I had to switch quite early as nothing was fitting from pretty much the beginning. Have found this time most stuff is New Look; last time I shopped mostly in H&M and some bits from Mothercare. Ebay is good too as you can assume a lot of items won't have been worn for that long. I really struggle with jeans though, just cannot seem to find any that fit, so end up living in dresses plus 1 pair of black trousers I have from before, and jogging bottoms!
  • I have been in maternity clothes for about 8weeks now! I've been getting most of my clothes form New Look, but I am a florist and so where casual comfy clothes to work, so New Look is great for me, and the prices are good too! I'm currently looking for a dress to wear to two weddings, but don't want to spend an absolute fortune when I know I will never wear it again after the 2nd wedding (this is our 3rd and final child). Peacocks look have a nice range, but my local store doesn't stock maternity, and I'd rather try on and not have the hassle of having to return of I bought online!!!

Jo xx
  • I am having a nightmare with this to!! I need petite trousers! I have one pair of jeans from mothercare which i love and the rest from ebay!! Also Asda do some nice basic bits! I am still fitting in my size 10 clothes but I am starting to feel a little claustrophobic in them!!! So for comfort and I am making the switch!!

xxx
  • Yeah, I'm in the same boat. My normal clothes, technically fit... but honestly I could throw a hissy fit (imagine a cat stuffed into a tight swim suit.. image ) over the lack of comfort. I just get so I don't want to feel my clothes on my stomach, don't want anything remotely tight or restraining.

I'm lucky to have lots of old mat stuff from previous pregnancies but it is looking very worn and shabby. So I'd like to get a few new pieces just so I have something that isn't bleach spotted, or have holes where dd pulled when she was teething.
  • Hi ladies,

Next have got a good on line selection, may i also say that alot of sales are either on or will be starting so keep an eye out for bargains!!

Have started to buy things and keeping aside for when i need them, am slowly getting a little podge but am still managing although maybe not for long :lol:

x x x
  • I seemed to show really quickly this time so although i'm only 14 1/2 weeks i've not been able to fit in my clothes for a good 5 weeks, my bump looks about 6 months gone. I went maternity clothes shopping yesterday and was shocked at the lack of choice, i ended up with a pair of jeans from mamas and papas and a couple of tops from New Look. Westfield obviously isn't the place for pregnant women.

xx
  • G/C from DIS but wanted to say that 1st pregnancy I was in maternity clothes at wk8 into term & this time around at wk13. Have found Next.co.uk to be great as they will normally deliver within 24hrs. Other thing to remember is that you may also get away with non-maternity clothes a size or two bigger than normal (I have a couple of cheapy t-shirts bought from Tesco 2 sizes larger than normal but fit comfortably).
  • Hey I'm gate-crashing, but I too have been really disappointed with maternity ranges this time round. Think Ebay might be best bet! French Connection have some nice stuff but it's very expensive, well for clothes you're only gonna be in for 7-8 months it is. ASOS might be worth a try. I haven't checked yet. x
  • Hello. I have bought a few items and am currently wearing maternity jeans. I have ordered online from Asos (although that was only today so can't say what the things are like, although they have a sale on and I got a black coat for ??16 which I'll be putting away for later in the year!). I got my jeans from Seraphine and they are great, although a tad on the pricey side - I'm only 5'2" so got the short length and they are perfect - actually much better than a lot of non maternity jeans I have had, really flattering. x