Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Vibrating / Buzzing Nether Region... Don't Laugh ;-)

For the last two weeks, I've been experiencing a frequent gentle vibration / buzzing down below (sorry if TMI!).

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I found a few posts on forums elsewhere where some women have experienced it, but the jury is out as to what causes it e.g. trapped nerve, baby hiccupping, etc.

My OH thinks this is very funny (''You don't need me then,'' type comments abound!) but it seems a bit weird to me! It's very gentle... and not at all of the exciting variety, if that's what you're wondering!... but it's getting rather frequent, so I'm curious as to what's causing it!

17 + 4

Replies

• This is a little bit of a tricky one to answer but I'll share my experiences. I do feel the baby move uh down below, and it can feel at this stage a bit difficult to explain, but sort like a twitch or a vibration.

Later in pregnancy due to the way my uterus is tilted, I can feel feet, elbow, ... what ever is pushing on the lower part of my uterus, is really really low in my body. Like they might just make a break for it and kick a foot out image

Saying that I have experienced numbness, and subsequent tingly, lol, sensations, like when your foot falls asleep, and all sorts of different shooting type pains.

I think anything goes in pregnancy, and whether it is baby hiccuping near your cervix, or you pressure being placed on a nerve, for better or worse, it's probably normal.

Oh the joys, and the dignity! :roll:

xxx
  • Maybe it's the increased blood flow making everything downstairs a bit more sensitive? I've had the fall asleep feeling which is a bit strange but does dissappear. I don't think it sounds like anything to worry about though.

xx