Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

weight gain

how is everyone doing,

im proud to say i currently am 1 pound down on my starting weight, although i am a little on the heavy side so trying not to gain too much, but sickness and loss off appetite is certainly helping. x

Replies

• Congratulations on losing 1 pound.

According to my wii fit (that I very rarely use now) I've lost almost half a stone. I know I haven't really lost weight though the wii always lies haha.

Good luck losing/ not gaining too much

• wow half a stone well done, lol this is the time we shouldnt worry about gaining and still we women do. i gained 3 stone with my son dont think i can handle that much extra again. x
  • I have lost 10lb. I lost 2 stone in the first 25 weeks of my last pregnancy due to violent morning sickness but then put it back on plus a few extra pounds in the last half. I'm hoping to keep off as much weight as possible as I'm nowhere near my perfect weight.
  • You've just put me off the piece of bread with peanut butter than I was about to consumeimage

Somehow, even though I don't even eat like a pig (OK, well aside for the 1st 12 weeks, when this kid was making me STARVING!!!), I've put on enough to make my thighs look a bit chubby. I always thought you weren't supposed to exercise much in pregnancy but, since I read that you actually could and should, I'm starting tonight!!!! I'm getting married in 24 days anyway, so that's going to be a good incentive to tone up image
  • Wow!

I did loose 14lbs in the first 12 weeks... but I've put it all back on. I feel like such a piggy!

I'm not too heavy at just over 8 stone, but I putting on 2-3 lbs a week makes me feel quite a podge.

With my luck I shall put on another 2-3 stone, gulp. I would love to go run but my left hip is already not on speaking terms with the right. I think being as they have separated so many times before they jumped at an early divorce. :P

You ladies have been doing a fantastic job!
  • I gained about 6lbs in the first 12 weeks, eating was the only thing that made the sicky feeling stop but i haven't gained any since. I gained 4 stone with my son so really don't want to do that again if i can help it.

Well done ladies.

xx
  • Crikey, I've put on about a stone! I am now just under 9 and a half stone which I don't think it too bad (I am quite short though). I do need to cut down on the sweet things but in the first 3 months eating was the only way to stop myself feeling nauseous. Oh well, at least giving birth in Dec I can have a New Years detox!! xx