Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Worried

Hi ladies

I'm so worried. I've been spotting today just a tiny bit but worried all the same. I'm not in any pain but think I might phone the hosptial.

My OH is telling me not to worry but I can't help it. Spend yesterday looking at prams and cots and just have a sense of panic.

Replies

• Call the appropriate number on the front of your green notes hun.

Hugs.

They should be able to get you in to either the early pregnancy unit, or the something other triage for a scan. Bare minimum they can at least get you to come in and check baby's heart beat and give you some reassurance.

Most likely you have simply had some cervical cells bleed, which is really normal and okay. There is lots of circulation around there right now. But it is absolutely best for you to get some reassurance, and there should be nothing but understand midwives and nurses at the hospital to do so.

Take care hun, and keep us up to date with how you are.

xxx
  • Thanks. Just phoned the hospital. I've to phone them back if it continues or I stop feeling the baby move. Going to put my feet up and chill. Hope bubs is ok in there.
  • I'm glad to hear back from you. I've been thinking of you all afternoon. I really hope you have a good night and that baby id doing lots of gymnastic moves.

best wishes.

xxx
  • Wee update. Ended up in the hospital today after more bleeding. |Everythimg is ok though and they gave me my 20 week scan today as they had to do an ultrasound anyway. They said I have bad thrush infection and its caused the bleeding (sorry if TMI). Had a stressful few hours in the hospital but just glad everything ok image xx
  • Sorry that you ended up at hospital but glad to hear everything is ok with bubs, nice that you got your scan today too.

Are you team yellow or have you decided to find out the sex? x
  • Oh hun, that sounds terrible, but I am so glad all is well with baby.

I really hope you are on the mend soon.

xxx
  • Glad to hear everything is OK! image
  • So glad everything is ok hun, you must have been terrified. Hope you're feeling better soon xx
  • Thanks everyone. I'm team yellow.