Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

20 week scan and its a ....

hi. this is my first post.

just wanted to say hi to you all and this is my 2nd baby ( first child boy is now 9 years old) and i am 32

well went for my 20 weeks scan wednesday and they said everything looks fine image . so thats one thing of my mind.

when they asked me and my partner if we wanted to know the sex we both said yes. she did a screen shot of between the legs and said its a girl because you can see the 3 lines which normally means girl but they are not allow to give a 100% .

we are both so happy they said girl and we have now told everybody its a girl. but now i am worrying that because they cant give 100% it might be wrong. we clearly saw the 3 white lines and no boy parts.

x

Replies

• Congratulations! image
  • image thank you. x
  • Congratulations hun, i wouldn't worry you've seenthe 3 lines there is very little chance of it being anything other than a girl xx
  • ;) cheers thank you x
  • hi hun

congratulations!

I work with pg women and have known three over several years of working with them that have been told the wrong sex.

In general its usually right but they watch their backs legally by telling you its not 100%

one lady who had lots of scans in her pregnancy found out well in advance of the birth before she'd bought anything. She had lost a baby in the past and just laughed, she didnt care as long as baby was ok.

The other two though really struggled as they didnt find out until the birth. They'd decorated nurseries in pink and felt bonded to their daughters, then got sons. One took it really badly and literally grieved for the daughter she didnt have.

I think its highly unlikely the sonographer was wrong, but id avoid going to mad and all things pink, maybe have a neutrual nursery and keep it at the back of your mind its never 100% until baby's out.

It would be so sad to feel anything other than happiness andf joy when you have a perfect, healthy baby. Good luck for your pregnancy! x
  • Hi and congratulations. Im having a boy and it was very very clear! I had even seen the bits before the sonographer told us. Hubby could not resist buying blue things as soon as we had left the hospital! We have a 3 year old daughter and I have a grown up son. (both in profile pic)Really happy to be having another boy. Nappy changing so much easier and i found my son much more cuddly.

Good luck. XXX