Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What's everyone bought so far?

I've went and bought loads of things already!

Ordered the pram and the cotbed. They were in the sale so got a bargain. I also got the cotbed set, tie backs and curtains and border.

I've been picking up some clothes as I go along. So far I've got some sleepsuits, vests ands scratch mitts.

I was in Mamas and Papas earlier buying a gift for my friend and ended up buying some bibs and a hat as they were too cute.

Feel like buying more but moving soon so need to calm down on the spending.

What's everyone else bought?

Replies

• I've bought a few things from ebay a few nice sleepsuits, some plain vests and muslins in the sale and have been using all the vouchers for stockpiling nappies and wipes.

I've been told off for spending money from my sister as I've been offered pretty much everything. Have agreed to by a fisher price jungle swing from a mate for ??15 brand new. Think I will wait until everything I've been promised appears and see what I am missing.

My friend has decided not to have anymore LOs and has everything in her attic that she said I can have crib, cot, pram, car seat, steriliser, boys clothes, bedding, toys.... I would like to buy a few things but another mate has offered girl clothes and we'll I think we'll see how money goes whilst I'm on maternity.

I will need to get a child trailer seat for a bike and would like to use cloth nappies so we will have enough to buy!

Am trying not to spend money but I'm just so excited!

Mooomin x
  • I think I've got almost enough clothes now to see LO through to 9 months or more! Almost all are hand-me-downs but as babies wear stuff for so short a time before outgrowing them, everything looks pretty much brand new!

We've also picked up a newborn bathtub and a transition bathtub (again, hand-me-downs in good condition), as well as an exersaucer, a carrier and some play things. My OH's sister is sending us a stroller she used for her kid.

Trying to get ahead of ourselves and get stuff now, before I get too big to be bothered!
  • I've only bought some wool to knit babe a blanket and made a little christmas pudding hat. It's knitted and has little knitted holly and berries on top. I'm debating doing them for all the children now, lol. I'm going to knit a little romper suit in some lovely cashmere wool I picked up on sale. It's a so incredibly soft, and so I need to buy some buttons for the shoulder and the inside of the legs. I'm just debating if I want to add some design to the front or not.

Otherwise we have most everything from the others, so I am putting my excitment into to creating instead of buying. I keep telling dh, he can't grump about me making things for the baby, that is really not the same as buying image lol.
  • Eek!! I feel quite far behind!! I was adamant I didnt want to buy anything until 20 weeks and now im panicking I wont have enough time!! I have furniture from sister in law just wait for the cot. she bought round the moses basket but she has had 3 children so it has seen better days! I might replace it!! She has also said I can have baby moniters, baby bath etc which is fab!! So far I have 2 outdoor fleecy snowsuits which again sister in law gave me but thats it!!! WAH!! I need to get a wriggle on!!

xxx
  • We haven't bought anything yet and not planning to unless we are having a boy; might need to get some more warm clothes! Also need to get new mattress for moses basket but otherwise we have pretty much everything. Not nearly as exciting in that respect as the first time! image
  • We have bought our pram, a Babystyle Oyster, a new car seat (then we found the old ones...oops :roll: )a newborn bath support, some cuddle towels and a little grooming kit!!! We still need to buy a new cot mattress (using the best parts of our two old cots from the girls to make one new one!), a moses basket and some clothes if baby is a boy, but making do with all the girls old neutral clothes at the moment...we've enough of those to last probably a year :lol: Because baby will definitely be here for Christmas we are going to buy him/her a baby gym and bouncy chair or swing! Also been buying disposable nappies when I've seen them on offer, but don't want to buy to many of these as going to be using reusables...which I still need to buy! And I've also got my changing bag (free from Boots Baby Club).

Jo xx
  • so far i have bought the grand total of one packet of nappies, i have loads of stuff from my lo, so wont buy very much until baby arrives.
  • I haven't even bought a packet of nappies, got them free with a voucher!

Will probably get a couple of new outfits, sterilizer and breast pump but everything else we have still got from DS, as he will only be 18 months everything is in good condition still.

• Hi all,

Had to buy new pram but only because I brought an I candy pear last year when i was pregnant but misscarried so we sold it on ebay and brought a mamas and papas switch which is lush! Hubby put it in the loft though so I cant play!!! I stockpile nappies while pregnant I did with Emily its great cos there is so many little bits to buy once baby here and your on maternity pay.

Hubby brought a few blue bits as soon as we knew he was a he but I scored a bargin from friend with 2 boys who is expecting a girl 2 days before me, a huge huge bag of the cutest boy stuff for ??45.

I like to be organised!!!
  • Hi,

We went out on the day we had our scan and bought LOADS.

We've got almost everything just need our cotbed and sheets, which my step mum and dad are buying for us and the wardrobe and changing unit which OH is making as he feels it will be special image (he's a carpenter)

A few of my family members have recently had babies aswell so we have a few nice bits from them aswell.

It's so exciting and feels like time is flying by.

Steph

23+3

xx
  • JanetandEmy you've inspired me to get organised and start buying nappies now! Can look out for offers I guess, seeing as we won't be buying much else yet!
  • I've had a bit of an online shopping spree this morning! I've ordered the trial packs of the reusable nappies I want to try, and also went on Mothercare, as through the baby club I was sent an email for 15% off, so have now bought my breast pump, steriliser and a reusable nappy trial pack (all were on 3 for 2 so got the nappy free). And with the 15%, free p&p, and the 3 for 2 offer I saved a lot of money! Slowly picking things up, although might have to wait a couple of weeks for the next spending spree! :lol::lol:

Jo xx

Edited because of shocking amount of spelling mistakes!!! image
  • Update!! we have had a very succesful weekend!! i now have ordered my buggy (m&P Sola), and my car seat and isofix base (bargins from John lewis! Got my Pink lining changing bag, changing mat for the nursary, moses basket and matress!!! Spent a fortune but sooo exciting!!

xxx
  • Well after saying I was buying nothing have today just managed to spend ??60 or so. Really want to be able to BF this baby for a while so ordered one of those covers to help be discreet when in public, plus breast pads and maternity pads to be organised. Also had to get a bed guard for DD for when we stay at in-laws next week. Oops! It soon adds up.
  • I can't stop buying it seems! I'm currently waiting on a starter pack of reusable wipes to be delivered, and this afternoon I've to pick up a two-in-one cot mobile from tesco. It was a bargain! Half price in the end of season sale, than an extra 25% off!

Will go on another spree next week as Asda start there Baby and Toddler Event on the 30th. THey have a lovely play gym and bouncy chair for ??16 each, and they have a half price high chair, that I might get even though won't need it for a while yet! image

Jo xx