Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How much to buy?

Ladies

As a first time mum I'm not sure what to buy clothes wise.

I've got quite a few sleepsuits now in neutral colours but how many do I need for the first few weeks? I've struggled to find many neutral day outfits too.

I don't want to go over board but then I don't want to run out especially as it will be near Xmas time when bubs comes along.

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    I personally wouldn't go overboard as you are bound to get presents of clothing once LO is born and I can guaranee you will want to get some boy or girl bits when he or she has arrived! When my DS was born we didn't know whether we were having a boy or girl, the day after we got home I sent hubby for some boy vests and sleepsuits!

I'd say a good number would be 7-10 vests and sleepsuits as a start as you can always wash them. Also, I wouldn't go mad with outfits, I can only speak for myself so may be in the minority but my DS spent most of his first few weeks in vests and sleepsuits regardless of time of day!
  • Options
    Its a real dilema. Remember the time of year, if you have not got a tumble dryer and you have a sicky baby you will need more. They are definately in sleepsuits for first 3 to 4 weeks more comfortable for them and easy to change for you! Wait till you know what bump is then you can buy some really funky/pretty ones. Hope your feeling great. XXX Janet
  • Options
    Agree about the comfort factor. DD was in sleepsuits for weeks and weeks (and in fact I didn't put her in jeans or similar til she was over 1 I don't think! :lol: ) but you can get lovely funky vests and sleepsuits, once you know what you've had. 6-10 should be fine initially.