Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Holidays, dinner?

Well, as the months fly by I am starting to turn my attention to christmas and the holidays. What are everyone else's plans? I'm starting to stress about how much work it is going to be. We have no family around at all, and dh will just be a miserable and hungry grump (along with the rest of us) if he is left to cook.

So, given I would bet money babe will be about a week old (due on the 9th, and always go a ways over)... how shall I manage dinner for 9 people... regardless of whatever happens post birth. (Please please not lots of stitches or a c/s or we will all have cereal lol.)

Any handy tips or advice really welcome, and would love to hear how everyone else is preparing. image

Replies

• Options
    Ive been thinking about this loads too.

My thought was to go out to dinner but the rest of my family are more reluctant than me to make plans- baby is due xmas eve so its a little tricky. My view is that pregnant or new baby i will still want to eat on xmas day! :lol:

Added to this we may be moving house before baby comes so no idea what state the house, myself, money will be in!!

My fav option at the minute is get a chicken in the freezer, veg and pots ready and the rest of the family can bring the trimmings and an extra joint, beef or something. Anything ready prepared i will cheat with but i love my roast pots so im in charge of those whatever happens! My brother can help me with the rest!

Itll be here before we know it image xxx