Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nervously waving 'hello'...

Hi ladies!

I am currently 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant with my first baby, EDD 21st December. I am currently signed off work to enable me to reduce my anti-depressants (I suffer with anxiety) as I work in a really stressful environment!

I am really nervous, as I'm sure we all are!  We first started TTC 14 months ago, but after 2 months took a break  due to me finding it too difficult to cope with. I spent several months getting happy and healthy, getting my medication stable, and losing 2 stone. We started TTC again towards the end of last year and I got my BFP last week!

I had a text from a friend this morning who said our local maternity hospital are doing free early pregnancy scans (Dr's wanting to improve their scanning techniques) so I am booked in with them on Sat 28th April, when I will be 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant.

Wishing us all very happy and healthy pregnancies!

xxxxx

Replies

• Hello dottysbird. Huge congratulations. You sound as though you have been through a rough time. I am due 22nd . Still trying to arrange early scan though. I will update you on EDD thread x
  • <p style="line-height: 15pt;"><span style="color: #333333; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt;">Hi Dottsbird. Congratulations on getting your BFP and welcome to the DIC 2012 group. I am nervous, scared, excited, worried etc etc cannot quite believe it has happened and I am actually pregnant! Em xxxx
  • Em - I'm the same! All feels very surreal! Congratulations to you both! image xx

• Hello!

It is so scary isn't it?! Whilst I thought all those months of TTC had prepared me, once i got my BFP I suddenly realised I hadn't thought through the stages from getting BFP to actually giving birth! I'd read about stuff and knew about babies and birthing and TTC, but the bit in between that you experience for 8 months? Not a clue!

The range of emotions that I go through just i one day is unreal.

Love it though! image

I have an early scan booked for 26th April so will let you know what you might see! (Although I'll be 7+5 so a little bit further along)

Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better in the coming months xx

• Congrats to you DottyBird...so excited for you.

x

• Hi,

Congratulations!!!  I'm 6w+4d and I still can't believe I'm pregnant.  I'm quite lucky that I've got a scan on Monday, I'm excited but so scared at the same time.  This is also my first after ttc for what seems like forever and IVF.

• Massive congrats....xxx
  • Congratulations, it will be a great reassurance having an early scan and you may even see the hb x