Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How are we all feeling....? Symptoms?

Hi ladies,

How are we all feeling? Anyone suffering from morning sickness yet?

I'm feeling ok, rather tired! I find that I am WIDE AWAKE at night so today I had a beautiful 90 minute nap! Might make that a regular thing!

I have lower back ache on and off which is more noticable at night, and general mild aches and pains around my abdomen (like really mild period pains) as well as aching thighs (feel like I've been on a bike ride). My boobs are ok in the morning and during the day apart from a few odd twinges, but REALLY heavy and uncomfortable when I take my bra off at the end of the day!

xxx

Replies

• Hello! 

I am suffering from nausea pretty much all day, haven't actually been sick (as yet) but feel like I could be (I tend to avoid throwing up as I am pretty phobic about it lol!).  Also feeling VERY tired and exhausted, 8 hr days are a struggle at the moment, just want to pop my head on the desk and go to sleep.  Yet when it comes to bedtime I cannot blinking sleep, what is that all about?!  Also need the toilet 2/3rds of the way through the night and then have to weigh up getting out of bed and risking feeling sick again in order to go for a wee!    Also have minor tummy pains (similar to period pains but not as bad).   xxxxx

• My symptoms are coming and going-is that normal.  Some days I feel sick, others days I dont, anyone else had this?

Im 7+3 today

x

• With my first ds, I literally had no symptons other than a bfp stick and no AF....I had an early scan at 8 weeks just to make sure I was pregnant! This time around, I feel nauseous and completely shattered all day, even after 8-9hrs sleep.....I am seriously bloated and could easily pass for 3mths gone by evening! I've found nibbling ginger nut biccies had helped! Xxx
  • Sam - from what I've read it's totally normal for symptoms to come and go!

This probably sounds sadistic... but I want nausea or sickness!!! It still doesn't feel real at the moment!!! xx

• TIRED!!!!! Occasional wave of sickness. Extreme dizziness/ light headed if I do too much and some cramping. Not looking forward to proper sickness. I tend to suffer quite bad when it kicks in. Xxx
  • I'm nauseas and tired out. Thankfully don't work full time as I have my 4 year old. I'm feeling bloated a bit too and peeing all the time!!!! X
  • I'm just constantly yawning, sore heavy boobies and period cramps and backaches. I am only 5 weeks so have had the occasional sensitive nose and nausea but I am do anxious I would welcome sickness right now. Oh and. I have a very bloated tum and face but haven't put an weight on x x
  • I'm feeling generally a bit rubbish. Have had cramping the past 2 days and bad back. Would love more symptoms as I'm petrified of losing this bean too.
  • Oh I forgot one - flatulance and constipation **Blush** lol 

Anxiousmummy - I totally understand how you feel. Bring on some sickness !! xx

• Lol blue star! Xx
  • Ah, when the sickness kicks in you'll be wishing you hadn't wanted it! Was feeling okay up until about 6 weeks, just VERY tired (though that might be down to running around after DD), but the last week or so it's been constant sickness, sore (.)(.) and can hardly bear to eat anything. Wish I was one of those women who sail through pregnancy with nothing to show but a lovely bump - but then I guess I'd be worrying about lack of symptoms! image

• mrspp84 - I know so embarrassing, dont stand downwind of me lol

stsarina - your right we cant win - symptoms make us feel porrly and we wish away the time, we dont get sysmtpoms and we worry about tht!

When I was pg with ds I remember a tactful women saying to another pg women after I had said I didnt suffer much with sickness / symptoms etc it was reassuring that she did have horrendous morning sickness - less likely to MC. Yeah thanks for that love. xxx

• Cor I'm feeling rough this evening ladies. Boobs are huge and sore. Achey back! Feel bloated , sicky and stuffed. Am constipated and very windy! Poor Hubby!!! Sooooo glamorous! xx
  • I feel your pain! I felt awful night before last. Felt like flu was coming on. Just couldnt move for aching joints. Couldnt eat for 24 hours, even now am piTry fybogel for the constipation. Can get it in the chemist. I was prescribed it by Doctor when pregnant with ds and its fine  to use during pregnancy. A little tip from having my ds is keep a couple of sachets for after the birth and take as directed. Will make the post birth poo a little easier especially if you have stitches! image xx