Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012

First Midwife Appointment

Very excited ladies. Got a call today for my booking in appointment! image

It's silly how excited I am really!

They had appointments on 30th April but I've got lots on at work that day so have booked on 3rd May instead. She was really funny on the phone telling me about what I'll collect and be told about at appointment; I explained that I had no idea what she was talking about (a 'green book'?!) but she assured me all will be explained in more detail on the day.

Hubby is going to try and come along with me too as he is already concerned about all the little details! image

She thinks I'll get my 12 week scan by the end of May too so we might be able to tell friends and other family beginning of June (when I intend to tell work)

SO EXCITED!!!!! image

Replies

• All very exciting. I need to get in for my booking in appt within the next 3 weeks as I got on holiday and by time I get bk il be 10 weeks! Crazy! I have the same midwife as with my 2nd so I know it will all be a breeze x
  • Yey , all very exciting! I hope your appointment goes well. Here with my DS the booking in appointment and 12 week scan was on the same day so not expecting to hear for some time yet. Will be booking my 8 week reassurance, have convinced dh its worth paying for for first week in may. xx

• A green book? I didn't get one of those with DD - mind you, that was 4 years ago, so I guess it might all have changed since then!

Mine's booked in for April 27th, waiting very impatiently for my scan date still though.

• How many weeks will you all be. I went to my gp today and he said I need to book in at 8 weeks, but I thought it was 10?? X
  • I'll be 9 weeks - I think the blood tests need to be done between 8 and 10 weeks. x

• I'll be 8+5. Googled 'green book' and seems to be maternity notes book!
  • we dont have bloods till 12 weeks in our area, which is just after our scan. x