Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I may be further along than I thought...

Well, I *know* I'm 5+5 BUT because my LMP was 12th March my Dr will apparently put me as 6+2 as they don't take into account my longer (32 day) cycles and they won't ammend this until my 12 week scan. Hmmmmm... don't really know what do think, lol! xx

Replies

• I just moved my LMP date forward a week when I spoke to the midwife - I know I have 35 day cycles and I was tracking ovulation. I'd go by your dates if you're confident in them, at least until you get a definitive due date at the 12 week scan. xx

• But, if you go by 'their' dates; you'll get your 12-week scan date earlier?! image
  • But it's so much clearer at 12 weeks, I figure it's worth waiting a little longer for - plus seeing a heartbeat after that magic 12 week mark, I'll feel so much more relaxed about it all image

• this is true dotty.....when I had my ds I was having 35-37 day cycles but the midwife would only use the average 28 so dated me 2weeks ahead of what I KNEW my due date would be. Low and behold at my 12wk scan I was dated at my dates and baby was bang on size wise.your only a few cycle days above average so wont make a huge difference, so either use hers or your date until 12wk dating scan xxxx

• Oh I see the benefits of both but would prob use my own dates. You know your own body and cycle better so trust your judgement x
  • So, if you use the date you think you OV-ed on, are you still counting 40 weeks from then as your EDD? I understood the 40 weeks takes into account the 2-weeks that you aren't really pregnant anyway? So your EDD would still effectively be the same as you would then only count 38weeks to your 'correct' EDD? image

• I've used online calculators and the Dr confirmed the dates were right. My last period was 12th March so based on that, my EDD is 17th December (based on 28 day cycle), but I have 32 day cycles so that puts me 4 days behind with an EDD of 21st December. xx
  • Hmmm, I have had 28 day cycles like clockwork since coming off Pill in May 2011, apart from 1 random 35-day cycle at Xmas (when we thought we'd done it 2nd month of trying! image)

So, shall I just work on a 28-day one then?

• Yeah, the average is 28 days and that's what the Dr will go by. I've been recording my cycles for 14 months so am confident that my calculations are correct! image xx