Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Newbie post - hello everyone! Late 30s expecting #1

Hi ladies image

Found out over 2 weeks ago that I'm pregnant with my first. This is great news as I never thought it would ever happen to me as I'm not too far off 40. It's taken me years to find someone like my partner - nearly gave up then along he came image He is chuffed to bits, as am I. I have been feeling amazing - no sickness, just tired, windy with sore boobs lol - and the excitement is building everyday.

Still waiting for my booking in appointment, apparently it will be within the next 3-4 weeks (I have worked out that I am 7 weeks pregnant with due date 15th December but need that confirmed image) I can't wait! I am truly excited but will be so much more contented when I get my scan and bloods back as everyday I wake up and expect the worst. Is anyone else in their late 30s having their first? Is it normal to be this anxious? I am worried sick but hoping for the best of course.

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun, welcome to the Due in December forum! Not sure of everyone's ages here- I'm 29, 30 in August and we are expecting our first. I've had bloating, tiredness and nausea has just kicked in in the past couple of days. I had an early scan today as local maternity hospital were looking for volunteers to practise on! Saw a heart beat and got a picture! You can get a private scan for about ??99 if that's something you'd be interested in! Congratulations on your news and here's to a happy and healthy nine months for us all. x x
  • Options

Thanks for the welcome hun. Glad to hear your scan went well & thanks for the tip about the private scan. I will look into it image

• Options
    Hello henna and welcome. I am 30 and this will he number 2 for me. Like you am very anxious when going to loo and on kicker watch! Congratulations x
  • Options

Hiya, and welcome to the board! I'm 9 weeks now and still not relaxed - with DD I couldn't calm down until I reached the magic 12 week stage. The joy of parenthood, though, is that you'll ALWAYS find something to worry about! image

Welcome, and a happy and healthy nine months xx