Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012

7 week scan photo :)

just thpught id upload it for people to see what to excpect at a scan image xxx

Replies

• Sorry g/c but never had an early scan. Amazing. image Xxx
  • It is really amazing! i had an early one on the nhs because of a miscarriage in january. its truly something seeing its wee heart beating! image 

• That's fantastic, it's a definite 'baby' shape already, isn't it? xx

• i know i cant keep looking at it! its unreal what it looks like at this stage! next scan.. 12 weeks.. boy how that will be extrodinary! xx

• Awwwww it's amazing how early they look like a baby! I had my 6+1 scan yesterday and I have a little blob with a heartbeat!!

Congratulations hun! It's lovely to see baby growing well! xx

• aww thank you! image yeh its amazing how much they grow! 2mm at 6 weeks to 10mm at 7! scary!! xxx

• Fab! Am loving these scan photos. It is amazing how fast they grow. Just can't wait for my early scan. Not for another week and a half! Boo am wishing the time away. Glad u got to see little bean beating away x
  • I wish I was allowed an early scan. I can't shift the feeling it will all go wrong. But I was told I had a normal miscarriage (in January) I didn't need one. image
  • Anxiousmummy- I was under the impression they were meant to offer you a reassurance scan if you'd had any previous problems, but it appears not from yours and Blue~Stars experiences. That's so unfair. If you're in a position to pay privately they're around 99 pounds here? But you shouldn't have to do that. Big hugs. xx
  • I think I would be reasurred for five seconds then nervous again, so think a waste of money in that respect. From what I was told when I miscarried I was under the impression I'd get a scan too. Xx
  • i didnt get a scan just because i had a miscarriage i had a scan because i was in pain and because of my miscarriage in early january they werent wanting to take any risks. i am lucky for the fact i had a scan cause it calmed me a bit but as soon as you see your wee bean on the screen you start worrying all over again! so really its a no win situation. for me i convinced myself there would be nothing there so when i seen my wee one on the screen and its heart beating i was overwhelmed and i may add that i was slightly more worried as it made it so much more real and i wanted it so much more after seeing it! ( not that i didnt want it already cause i dooooo!! ) if you are driving yourself insane then i would say and i know its bad but go to your doctors and tell them your in pain and they will probally most likely give you a scan. i know its bad but its better than driving yourself insane with worry! especially after a miscarriage i think telling a white lie to reassure yourself isnt bad but personally thats just my opinion! in my situation i was generally in pain. xx

• I have been in pain - phoned EPAC and spoke to them about it but they said that as I am not bleeding it isn't anything to worry about. And to go to the Drs if it was really bad. But the pain hasn't been really bad - so going with the fact that they think I don't need one - and I would rather that they scanned people who generally need it. Even if I am driving myself insane. xx

• for all a scan takes to do it isnt that big an issue i dont think! image i really hope everything works out for you image xx

• I thought fair enough when I told them I was pg. When I phoned to ask about the pain they just weren't interested. I think I'd of been happy for 2 seconds then worrying again. This way though I'm worrying that its good wrong and ill get bad news at 12 week scan. Xx
  • im petrified about getting bad news at the 12 week scan also! i guess pregnancy is always going to have a little worry in it! if they werent worried about the pain then that must be a good sign! how many weeks are you? xx