Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012

Getting to know you...

Hi ladies! Now we're filling up nicely here in DiD, I thought it would be nice if we all got to know each other a little. Answer as many or as few as you feel comfortable with, and feel free to add more q's! I'll start off...

Name? Hannah

Age? 26

Where do you live? Bristol

What do you do? Freelance author and editor

Is this your first pregnancy? No, I have a DD who's 3, and 2 MC's before having her.

Do you have any pets? Three crazy cats who have only just forgiven us for bringing DD into the home! image

What was the last thing you ate? Cheese sandwich with piri piri spices all over it - wrong, but so so good!

What are you missing now you're pregnant? A glass of red wine on a Sunday night and a really hot bath - the ultimate in mummy luxury!

And (other than the baby!) what are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? The excuse to slob out come November and not have to worry about looking presentable all the time. Snuggling up in comfy clothes and not a scrap of make-up is surprisingly liberating...

xx

Replies

• Name: Katie

Where do you live? : Scotland

What do you do?: Housekeeping

Is this your first pregnancy?: Nope second, first ended in miscarriage in january image 

do you have any pets?: A family dog and cat and two little annoying guinea pigs that are mine!

what was the last thing you ate? : Macaroni cheese! all i fancie these days! bar ice lollies! :P 

what are you missing now you're pregnant?: Nothing really!

and ( other than the baby!) what are you most looking forward to about being pregnant?: Showing of my bump proudly! :P and all the massages i shall be getting off my partner! :P ohhh and looking for cute baby clothes!

• Name: Phoebe Age: 23 Where do you live? : Devon What do you do?: full time mummy image Is this your first pregnancy: no two ds aged 2 and 4 do you have any pets? Two hamsters What was the last thing you ate? Roast dinner What are you missing now you're pregnant? Waking up and not feeling sick the entire day and brie And (other than the baby!) what are you most looking forward to about being pregnant?: getting a bump and buyin baby stuff
  • I love this post!!! image xx

Name? Lex (short for Alexa!)

Age? 29

Where do you live? Bristol

What do you do? I teach in a prison! I teach PSHE (Sex Ed', Healthy Living, Budgeting etc) to 15-18 yr old boys.

Is this your first pregnancy? YEs. We started TTC 14 months ago but I found it hard being off my medication for anxiety & depression so after a couple of months we took a long break and carried on our TTC journey in October/ November! Although in hindsight, a few of the months we did try, we missed ov' completely, lol!!!!

Do you have any pets? Two kitty monsters! One is completely grey and has the naughtiest personality... she shouts back all the time! The other is a very dark brown girlie with a serious heart defect, although she doesn't seem to realise this and darts around like a loon!

What was the last thing you ate? This is really bad... but we had McDonalds for tea as I've been feeling nauseous all day!! But on the plus side, I had a healthy roast with loads of veg much earlier in the day!!!

What are you missing now you're pregnant? A nice hot bath with Lush bath products! Also, there's been a couple of times where Mr Whippy ice-cream has been on the menu and it's made me REALLY want it!!! Oh, and the fact that I decided to tempt sods law by not dying my roots this month so have loads of regrowth that I can't dye and I have a wedding to go to next weekend!!!

And (other than the baby!) what are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? Reduced stress levels at work because I won't be allowed contact with prisoners (am currently off sick while I reduce my antidepressants) so will be doing admin type work, writing new lessons etc. I'm also quite looking forward to seeing my body changing, wearing maternity clothes and buying lots of lovely things for baby... and, most importantly, I'm looking forward to sharing it all with hubby, our families and our friends!

image xx

• Ooooooh I've just realised something else I'm looking forward to- having an outie belly button, lol! I've got a proper innie - you literally can't see it! xx
  • Name? Gillian

Age? 22 TODAY!!! image

Where do you live?  Norwich

What do you do? work part-time in a bar/resturant

Is this your first pregnancy? No, I have a DS who's 2 1/2, and i had a termination when i was 17 and had a missed M/C 2 years ago!

Do you have any pets? no!

What was the last thing you ate? spanish chicken for dinner yesterday!

What are you missing now you're pregnant? A Night out once a month with the girls!

And (other than the baby!) what are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? The massive bump im going to get, i love it! Also cant wait to See DS with his little brother or sister, will be an amazing relationship to watch forming!

• Brilliant idea! 

Name? Emma

Age? 28

Where do you live? Devon

What do you do?    Conveyancing Executive

Is this your first pregnancy? Yes.

Do you have any pets? no

What was the last thing you ate? Some strawberries followed by frosted Shreddies (the only two things I can stomach when I first wake up!) 

What are you missing now you're pregnant? Runny eggs and brie

And (other than the baby!) what are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? Shopping for all the baby clothes and equipment lol! 

• Happy Birthday mummy2be2!! image xx
  • Name? Em

Age? 22

Where do you live? Essex

What do you do? Work in a drs surgery! On reception and in the pharmacy.

Is this your first pregnancy? Yes, we are both so excited!

Do you have any pets? Yes my beautiful baby dog, she is well and truely spoilt, love her so much hope she will learn to share our attention lol!

What was the last thing you ate? Mash potato, fish and peas. yum yum yum!!!

What are you missing now you're pregnant? Hot baths, luke warm just doesn't cut it!!!

And (other than the baby!) what are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? I can't wait to have a lovely bump and to reach all the exciting mile stones, also looking forward to being past the 1st trimester and hopefully relaxing a little more! And of course shopping for the baby image x x

• me? Katie

Age? 32

Where do you live? NI

What do you do? Psychologist.

Is this your first pregnancy? Nope, have a DD who is 17 months and a mc before that.

Do you have any pets? A golden lab who is tortured by DD. Good job he is a sweet natured creature.

What was the last thing you ate? Spag bol, tiny portion of. Full meals make me a bit sick atm so I eat little and often.

What are you missing now you're pregnant? Nothing yet. Everything I'm not allowed, I've gone right off.

And (other than the baby!) what are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? Wearing my old maternity clothes without shame!! And going off on maternity leave so I can spend more time with DD too.

Happy birthday mummy2b2!

<div class="forum-post-signature"><hr class="forum-message-signature-divider" />
  • Name: Kez

Where do you live?: Cornwall

What do you do?: Admin in a GP surgery

Is this your first pregnancy? Yes it took us quite a while to fall pregnant - it was actually quite a shock when it happened!

Do you have any pets?: One fluffball of a cat. I can't imagine what he will make of a baby - he dislikes loud noises, other people and not being the centre of attention image

What was the last thing you ate?: Apple crumble and custard

What are you missing now you're pregnant?: I haven't missed much so far - I've been far too excited, although we spent the weekend with some friends and it felt wierd not to be able to have a few glasses of wine. I stocked up on fancy ginger beer so I wouldn't feel too left out!

And (other than the baby!) what are you most looking forward to about being pregnant?: Having a baby bump, wearing maternity clothes, buying baby gear, maternity leave...the whole shebang really! image 

• Ooooooh, I LOVE this!

me? Charley

Age? 25

Where do you live? Oxford

What do you do? Children's Fiction and Picture Book Publishing- LOVE it!

Is this your first pregnancy? Yes! Very nervous!

Do you have any pets? Yes, a GORGEOUS chocolate brown labradoodle called Rodney, who is the love of my life (sometimes even above DH image)! Plus two beautiful but very anti social cats, Maggie-May who is a maine coon, and Rocky who is a moggie, and weirdly has two extra digits on each of his front feet!

What was the last thing you ate? A huge bowl of vanilla ice cream- as if I didn't feel sick enough already!

What are you missing now you're pregnant? Nothing yet as i've only known for a week, but the thought of spending 9 months without soft eggs and pate fills me with dread, both are weekend staples!

And (other than the baby!) what are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? Making lots of new Mummy friends, and my 20 week scan when I can find out the sex of my beautiful baby!

• Thank you Dottys bird! image xxx

• Sorry, my post went a bit crazy there!!

Name? Lynne

Where do you live? Germany (but from Scotland)!

What do you do? Full time Mummy

Is this your first pregnancy? No, have a little boy who is almost 2

Do you have any pets? No

What was the last thing you ate? Bowl of Muesli

What are you missing now you're pregnant? Pate, Cheese, wine....

What are you looking forward to most about being pregnant? Getting a nice big bump! I loved being pregnant with my son and hope this pregnancy is as good. 

Nice to meet you all. 

• Name? Jo

Age? 24

Where do you live? Ashford, Kent

What do you do? stay at home mummy

Is this your first pregnancy? nope, 2 ds's. 3 years and 1 17 days image

Do you have any pets? no, just a grumpy husband who wont let us get any (not even a fish!!)

What was the last thing you ate? ginger crunch cream dunked in my tea mmmmmm

What are you missing now you're pregnant? a nice glass of wine at the end of the day

And (other than the baby!) what are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? feeling baby wriggling around image

• <span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;">Name? <span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;">Kirsty

<span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;">Age?<span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;"> 26

<span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;">Where do you live? <span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;">North Petherton

<span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;">What do you do? <span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;">Accountant.

<span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;">Is this your first pregnancy?<span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;"> No. I have a DS who is 16 month and had a mc in Jan 12.

<span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;">Do you have any pets? <span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;">No

<span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;">What was the last thing you ate? <span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;">Some grapes

<span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;">What are you missing now you're pregnant?<span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;"> Nothing

<span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt;">And (other than the baby!) what are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? <span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 13pt; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold;">Looking forward to feeling the baby move and getting closer to meeting him/her.

• Hey jojo87 I'm from ashford too! Name: Alice Age: 24 Where do you live? Ashford, Kent What do you do? Stay at home mummy Is this your first pregnancy? No, have a 3yr old boy, a 15 week old girl (i know!) and had a mmc at 12 weeks in oct 2010. Do you have any pets? Yes, a chihuahua. What was the last thing you ate? A cheese, celery and salad cream roll! What are you missing now you are pregnant? Well... A couple of months ago I bought some stilton, but couldn't eat it as I got unwell for a few weeks, so actually STILL haven't had any since my daughter was born! What are you looking forward to? Feeling baby move image