Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nervous hello

Hi guys image So after 3 years TTC and 3 mc I finally got my BFP! EDD December 27th and 5w5d. I will be having an early scan in Thursday when I'm 6w1d. Will this be too early to see/hear the heartbeat? I'm terrified and just want everything to be ok this time!!! So far not had any pains or spotting and getting a darker line on preg test every day! Also never been as tired, sick and have super sore boobs! Anyway I just wanted to tell my story and if anyone knows about the scan il be thankful for any replies image

Replies

• congratulations hunni, seems like you've been on quite a rough ride so far. keeping eveything crossed for a sticky bean. 6 weeks u should be able to see a little flicker on the scan. 

xxxx

• Hi hun, congratulations on your BFP! Early scans are quite nice for reassurance- I had an early scan on Saturday at 6+1 and we could see the heart beat! He you look further down the forum you'll be able to see my scan pic. Hope you have a happy and healthy nine months. x x
  • *if, not he! xx
  • Hello Lisaann and welcome!  Sounds like you have had a pretty long journey with TTC, I don't blame you for beign terrified after what you have been through.  I don't know anything about early scans but fingers crossed it all goes well for you.  I am feeling super tired, sick and have sore boobs and trying to look at all of these things as a good sign that everything is going ok.  Still nervous and scared though.  I am 8 weeks atm so my 12 week scan still seems like a lifetime away!  Em x

• Hello lisann and welcome. CongratulAtions on your bfp. You may see a hb at ur scan but at this early stage you may not either. You may have your ovulation dates out and be slightly earlier so if there isn't any hb this stage don't panic. I'm sure they will explain it to you. Enjoy the scan it is lovely to see x x
  • Thanks for the replies guys! I really really hope I see a heartbeat. Iv never seen anything on the scan it's always been too late! Il put up an update on Thursday hopefully be good news image Oh will they give me a picture too? Congrats to everyone ???? xx
  • Im sure it will be fine hun. Every hospital differs with photo, mine charge £3 per pic.  Look forward to seeing it x x

• I got a free pic as it was training for Drs learning to scan but they do charge normally at our local hospital. As Blue-Star said, you may or may not see a heart beat at 6 weeks. We did, but my friend has twins and at 6 weeks E didn't have a heart beat but J did and they definitely have heart beats now as they're 8 months old! xx
  • congratulations lisaann image x

• Congrats Lisaann! My EDD is 25th of December, though I think that will change at my dating scan.

Enjoy your scan on Thursday image It will be so lovely to see your little bub on the screen! xx

• Congratulations hon.  At 6+1you might hear a heartbeat but don't be too alarmed if you don't.  Even if not, they should be able to tell you if things are progressing normally for dates.  I had a scan at 6+4 and saw one, it was the tiniest flicker.

And prepare for an internal scan at that stage, the 'wand' looks worse than it is though!