Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012

Argh!!!! Cant sleep

Hi,

Sorry just a little moan from me im afraid. I have a viral infection and can not stop coughing. It flipping hurts now as I seem to have coughed lots of crap up , sorry tmi! Thought I could have some cough medicine then chcked the back of the bottle and it says not in PG! Booo!

DH is up extra early so dont want to keep him awake so here I am with a hot chocolate to try and calm my  mind which is just buzzing with work stuff hence me coming on here to distract myself with baby stuff!

Is anyone else struggling with sleep? How do you get past it? counting sheep? any ideas welcome, obviousley for tomorrow night lol as I hope no one is as misfortunate to be wide  awake at this time.! x x x

Replies

• sorry no advice really as i am sleeping for england! cant get enough of it, keep dozing off when ever i can lol i do however know people who have had horlicks before bed... kinda like hot chocolate tho i guess!

Hope u can sleep sooon xx

• Awwww hun, I feel for you. I really struggle without sleep. Because I'm off work at the moment, I wake at around 7am and then doze for a couple of hours. Am back to work on 21st May and really concerned about how I'll cope! Hope your cough gets better soon and that you're able to get some rest. x x x
  • sounds horrible hun image I'm the same as mummy2b I'm afraid - can't sleep enough!

Hope you are feeling better soon. Have you checked with the pharmacist whether there's some cough medicine you can take in pg? Or maybe try honey and lemon? 

• I would try honey & lemon like gonnabeamummy1 suggested hun. I am sleeping okay at the moment hun so no advice there but hope it gets better for you soon. I just keep having crazy vivid dreams/nightmares!  x x

• Thanks ladies , have got some honey and lemon to try and soothe throat tonight. Am exhausted! I have been so tired lately anyway but just when I went back to bed ds started playing up. I gave up and let him into bed! Naughty mummy. Zzz
  • Hey, I use benylin mucus cough night, pharmacist and midwife both okayed it. I get terrible coughs that last forever after a cold, literally weeks! Also, if you cant stop coughing, fishermans friend work well and are also ok in pregnancy. MyBs x