Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012

Feeling sick during/after eating?

just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?! im nearly 9 weeks pregnant and after everything i eat and whilst eating it i actually struggle to eat! i feel sick constantly whilst eatingand afterwards also? anybody know how to try and lower this? cause its really starting to get to me! cant eat anything without feeling ill! image xx

Replies

• Hi hun, have you tried ginger? biscuits/tea etc - meant to be good for easing sickness. Maybe try it before you eat something ese? I've got some ginger and lime tea which I think helps but I'm not sure if it's autosuggestive because I know it's supposed to help!  Or how about travel sickness bands? Not tried them myself but I have a friend who swears by them.

Is there anything that you eat that doesn't make you feel sick? If so maybe just stick to that for a while - better to live on crisps for a few weeks than not eat at all! x

• I had this up to 12 or 13 weeks. I found eating a rich tea biscuit about 15 mins before my meal took the edge off it.
  • Thanks for the advice girls! image im going to get a pair of those sickness bands and see what happens! xx

• I have sickness bands on at the moment and they seem to be kind of working! I feel sooo sick all day at the moment, has stopped me going away this weekend, can't believe it has started so early for me lol! Have just forced myself to get up early and have a milkshake and some ginger biscuits and I actually feel ok for once. Hope it eases for you soon x

• thats a shame! gladthere kinda working! imagei think i might try ginger biscuits, heard them being mentioned a few times now! image xx