Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How is everyone feeling?

Hi Ladies image

Hope everyone is well, just thought I would start a thread for a little chat really, advice etc.. How is everyone feeling?

I am 6weeks this week and feel so so nauseous! I know that it is a good sign and it's all for something brilliant but my god i feel so awful. Haven't actually been sick but today had to make a mad dash from the shower (shampoo still in hair) to the loo as i really thought i was going to be. I feel a million times better after eating but the relief is short lived and i don't fancy much food at the moment...

Sorry to moan just feeling a bit rubbish and could do with some sympathetic ears image

x x x

Replies

• Hi I'm 5 weeks an feel real tierd all the time carnt sleep at night wich is real doing my head in feel sick too but haven't actualy been sick yet neather boobs are real big and sore lol bit of cramping that about it realy hope all gose well x
  • Hi ladies! My nausea has kicked in! For the past ten days I've felt nauseous on and off but for the past few days it's been CONSTANT! image I feel really guilty for feeling rubbish as this is what I've always wanted. I don't think it helps that I'm currently off work but I'm due back on 21st May so it's a good sign that I'm not dreading it! Other than nausea, I feel shattered and often fall asleep on the sofa and boobs are still huge and heavy- they ache like crazy when I take my bra off at the end of the day! But that's probably something to do with being a 38G! xx
  • Sicky all the time. Really pleased though after two losses as I'm hoping a good sign. Got early 8 week scan tomorrow! Nervous wreck. Just want to see that heartbeat!! Sickness is crap girlies but at least our babies are producing lots of hormone for us!!! Xx
  • Good luck Jellybaby! Look forward to seeing your scan pic tomorrow! Sickness sucks but, as you said, our babies are producing lots of healthy hormones for us! xx
  • I'm feeling absolutely ravenous! Sickness is still hanging around, but I kicked DH out of bed at 4am this morning to fetch me a cheese roll, as I was so hungry I couldn't even think straight, and that was after forcing down a big portion of fish and potatoes at 8.30pm! image

Still knackered, but actually managing to get some constructive writing done now, so that's a massive improvement. With being freelance, I want to get as much done and published before the end of year as possible, so it's a big relief that I'm feeling able to write for at least a few hours each day now. xx

• Ahh least we are all feeling sickly together lol! Ooh and that is a very good point jellybaby lots of good baby growing hormones causing it image lots and lots of luck for your scan x

I have something else that is concerning me a little at the moment (TMI warning now!!!) I have had diarrhoea for the past 4-5 mornings now, I read that it's very normal in early pregnancy but still a bit concerned as this morning I struggled to leave the house image and know that I can't take imodium or anything... I also suffer from IBS so I am not sure if that would be a factor in how I have been...

Hope everyone is well x x

• Aww, bless you - it is totally normal, usually goes one way or another. I have the opposite problem, so stocked up on loads of Fybogel and luckily that does seem to help. Have you noticed if any specific foods trigger you off? It's not uncommon to become lactose intolerant in pregnancy, especially if you normally suffer from IBS anyway. But so long as you manage to stay hydrated, it's nothing to worry about xx

• My feeling sick stopped suddenly yesterday at 8+4. Previously felt sick all day everyday. Resigned myself to getting bad news at my 12 week scan. Xx
  • anxiousmummy if i was you i would go to get a scan to make sure everything is ok...it hapenned to my friend and she went in and they gave her one...hope you're ok xx

• I might phone the mw tomorrow and see what she suggests xx
  • Sorry to hear that you're worried anxiousmummy - I'm sure it's all normal - most of us probably started feeling sick suddenly one day so surely there shouldn't be any reason why it can't just stop suddenly too?? 

I've been tired, queasy and rather bloated. I can cope with the queasiness but the tiredness is hard to handle. We have the in-laws staying this week as hubby + FIL are doing the garden - it's lovely having them but I'm very tired image thankfully have a week off this week which is sooooo nice! 

Hugs to all - hope the yukky symptoms go away soon!