Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012

Getting to know eachother - Part Two

Ladies, following on from the previous 'Getting to know eachother" post, I thought it would be nice to do another one so we can continue to get to know eachother! Just copy, paste and answer! image xx

How far in to your pregnancy are you now?

What are you finding most challenging about your pregnancy so far?

Who have you told about your pregnancy so far?

How did you chose your Baby Expert username?

What is your favourite film?

What is your favourite restaurant/ type of food?

Where would be your dream holiday destination?

Replies

• How far in to your pregnancy are you now?

I am 8 weeks today! x

I've been suffering from constant nausea since 6 weeks although it's been under control today following an acupuncture session yesterday! I'm struggling with not shouting our news from the rooftops and also the nausea has made it difficult to eat sensibly and I feel like I've gained about 5 stone already (I'm already over weight so very conscious of minimising weight gain due to risk of Gestational Diabetes).

My team at work and my managers know because I've been signed off since getting my BFP. We've told both sets of parents and our siblings, plus a few close friends! Seems like millions of people! We'll have run out of people to tell by the time we get to 12 weeks, lol!! xx

Hubby's nickname is Dotty and when we first got together 12 years ago I was referred to as Dotty's Bird!

I have a few! Love Actually, Drop Dead Fred, Mean Girls, Clueless!

I love chinese food and in Bristol there is a restaurant called Cosmo which is an all you can eat Pan Asian restaurant! It's amazing! I even named my cat Cosmo after I went there!!!

I'm allergic to the sun (polymorphic light erruption image) so our dream holiday would have to be a city break to New York and Vegas! Hubby has been watching Man Vs Food and really wants to check out the fast food places!!!!

• Why is everything centralised???!!! I only centralised my signature!!!

• Phew, fixed it! Sorry for spamming!!!

• oOoOo, yay!! Love it image

10 weeks and 2 days

Constant nausea, tiredness, finding sleeping at night difficult, needing the toilet every night somewhere between 2-3am and migraines (the bain of my life and due to raging pregnancy hormones they have gotten worse and I cannot take and of my usual medication for them booo!).

My parents, husbands parents, brother in law and my sister.

Dollys name when I was little coupled with my year of birth

I have a few as well!

Any chick flicks.....Dirty dancing, Love Actually, Bridget Jones Diary etc etc and also Layer Cake (a lil bit different from my usual favs!)

I love pretty much all food!  Do especially like seafood though

Both of the places we visited on honeymoon - Maldives and Dubai.  We were thinking of going back this year to Dubai but that has gone completely outta the window now.  I have settled for Crete for 1 week next month.  Just hoping my nausea will have gone by then (I will be 14 weeks)

xxxxx

• How far in to your pregnancy are you now?

6 weeks + 5 days

Constant nausea and tummy upsets. And being off my food image

Both sets of parents and siblings, a couple of close friends, and I have recently told a few work colleagues cus it was becoming a bit obvious haha. Now I need to keep it zipped!

Part of my surname and the date we got married.

Harry Potter films, I am a complete geek haha!!!

I love Greek food and Italian as well, in fact most foods lol another reason why I am so gutted to be struggling with food at the moment!!!

The Maldives!!!! It looks unbelievably gorgeous x x

• Oh yay love this!

8 weeks 3 days

Constant sickness and crazy tiredness which make it so hard to go to work image Can't wait until I can tell them and maybe be allowed a bit of sympathy and leeway if i'm feeling terrible.

Both sets of parents, a few other close family members, a few close friends, and a couple of people at work because I couldn't keep my mouth shut! (Too many people basically!)

My initials and the year I was born image

Dirty Dancing and A Little Princess

Pretty much everything! I do really love Turkish food though.

Well I went to Florida on my Honeymoon (not a particularly conventional choice!), so would love to go back there, or to Hawaii or the Maldives. However, I am going to Crete for two weeks on Saturday, so pretty excited about that at the moment!

• <p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px;">Think I missed Part 1?! Will try to find that an answer too! image <p style="font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px;"><strong style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; font-weight: bold; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">How far in to your pregnancy are you now? <p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px;">10 weeks + 1. <p style="font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px;"><strong style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; font-weight: bold; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">What are you finding most challenging about your pregnancy so far? <p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px;">Not telling people! And the tiredness. Nausea was a killer a few weeks ago but getting much easier to handle now. Also trying to curb my eating rubbish all the time! <p style="font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px;"><strong style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; font-weight: bold; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">Who have you told about your pregnancy so far? <p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px;">Both sets of parents and sisters. GP, midwife and random shop assistants?! image <p style="font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px;"><strong style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; font-weight: bold; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">How did you chose your Baby Expert username? <p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px;">When I first joined up to the site, I was very very unsure about becoming a parent. Hubby was keen and I wanted to see why other women felt so sure they could do this. Over the last 2 years or so (!) I've come round to the idea and once we started TTC, I was desperate to get pregnant!  <p style="font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px;"><strong style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; font-weight: bold; bor