Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

10 week 2 day scan photo :)

had another scan yesterday due to stabbing pains i was having... all appeared okay and the baby is looking good image heartbeat still there, 3.5cm in size! and is measuring exactly what i am! image next scan is next friday ( my 12 week scan) image it was truly amazing i was soooo worried something was wrong and when i was shown the screen i was like O M G!!!! they are hugeee! compared to the little blob from last time! and they were moving there wee arms and legs everywhere! truly something so it was! reassured me image looking forward to next weeks scan and hoping everything goes okay in the rest of my pregnancy! image 

Replies

• Aww so lovely you having twins ? I'm having those stabbing pains to they are very worrying as I mc last year had a scan at 5+2 day they sed every thing ok but am 6+3 days now and still getting them
  • they?! :O omg!! awww, i cant wait for my scan! got a while yet tho as not long had midwifew app, but keep thinking atleast il get a better picture! although i too have bad stabbing pains and im at the drs today to see if i can have a scan! ur little bean is deff more of a baby now! image xxx

• Well I'm at docs on tuesday but bit worry as had bloods done to check hcg and iron they rang this morning saying I have to pick some iron up an every thing else was ok I asked about hcg and they sed if doc was worried they he would want to see me urgent so I sed ok they rang back again about ten mins after saying doc needs to see me and talk about some thing and they wouldn't tell me what it was about now I have to worry till then and really scared same thing gona happen any advice pls x
  • thanks guys image nope not twins just a singleton! image i said they because i dont like calling it an it hehe the stabbing pains ive been told are just strecthing image ive had them on and off and the little one is fine at all 3 scans so i will say it is just stretching pains image try not to worry... not that i follow that advice myself! i worry contantly hehe!

nikki i wouldnt worry too much, i reckon it would just be somethingto do with your iron levels! either that or you have really high hcg levels that may indicate twinsimage just try and think something positive of it instead of something negative as im sure it will be fine! ill be thinking of you! let me know what the doctor says! image 

• I will an defo not twins had a scan last Saturday only one ha ha an as for iron I'm at 11.5 which is ok just need one tablet a day so it has to be my hcg levels just so so worried if there low is there some thing they can do just don't want to think about having to go frew a mc again I really want this the docs don't seem to take me serious because I'm young but age do sent matter I no I will be a great mom just so scared and as for pains they was not to bad last week got a bit worse since ? X
  • ahh least you know that. as much as i dont want to say.. if hcg levels are falling i dont think theres much they can do! im not a doctor though so could be wrong! i had a mc in januaray and when they told memy levels were falling they said im sorry to tell you this and told me and then just said that they should continue to fall til they get to 0 and i had blood tests every two days to make sure it came down normal. so i dont believe theres anything they can do :/ i am young too and have been taken seriously since the start! i am 18, 19 in september. how old are you? if pains have got worse it might just be the uterus growing. if youve not had bleeding i think thats a good sign. xxx

• I am 18 to and 19 in august and iv heard you can have hcg shots but not sure an as for bleeding I haven't had any and that's the only thing keeping me going I had a missed mc last juliy at 11 weeks so I don't no just hope its all ok its going to be the longes weekend of my life xxx
  • aww thats cool! glad theres someone the same age as me! image not heard of that! might look in to it on google out of curiosity! image i was early on, only around 5ish weeks i reckon! very early but it still hurt all the same! if you want someone you can text or get in touch with quickly then im more than welcome to let you contact me image its good to have someone to talk to image xxx

• Aww thanks I will and I no it hurts no matter how far a long I think baby die between 8 and 11 weeks as had scan at 5 weeks and was ok then 12 week scan and nothing ther was horble looking on screen and nothing been ther x
  • it does hurt.. all they could see was a collapsed sac last time image im lucky as ive had scans throughout this pregnancy which makes me reassured. 12 weeks one is next friday and seeing it yesterday all healthy makes me feel more positive about next weeks one image when have you to go to the doctors then? xxx

• Anonymousxx your scan pics are amazing! I'm now so excited for my next scan as my baby will look something like this! Also, to you and Nikki, they can give HCG shots as a lady on one of my other forums had a couple of mc and this time they gave her injections and she's now 17 weeks! xx
  • thank you! yeh i seen your post this morning! yours should look something very simlar to mine image its sooo exciting! and my wee one was moving its arms and legs everywhere! it was adorable! ahh this interesting! didnt think they could do that! :O xxx

• Yes I just saw it now an I have to wait till tuesday but. I'm thinking if he was that worried he would of wanted me in erlier I'm npot sure got a lot of things goin frew my head at momen I carnt belive they wouldent tell me on phone
  • yeh thats a really good point! any doctor that was majorly concerned wouldnt make you wait 4 days! thats a good point! if hes making you wait that long then it wont be anyting serious i doubt! they should of told you ont he phone and if the place you go to has a number and is still open i would phone and ask to speak to the doctor as your really concerned it may work and they may tell you. they really should of mentioned it to you as you are the patient and its not nice making someone wait! but i would like i said at the start say the fact he is not calling you in urgently means thats got to be a good sign! image xxx

• I don't no I'm realy scared am getting realy bad pains that bad I want to cry iv been getting them but not this bad now they getting worse ?
  • I just rang and they said ther is a note just sayin a routine apointment an she sed if he was worried it would of said urgent image realy don't no wat to do just want to cry
  • routine appointment, maybe its jsut to see how the pains have been? whats the pains like? if they persist go to a and e... it might sound dramatic but it might need looked at and better safe than sorry! its not normal to be in that much main your nearly in tears! image give it a few hours if its still bad go to your local hospital. i was getting pain and rang my midwives and got it looked at. xxx  

• The pain has got bad over the last hour and its getting sronger and stronger down mt right side but realy low down I don't no wat to do x
  • was the baby situated in the uterus? it could be stretching but if its getting stronger then go to the doctors thats not good image i cant think what it might be :/ thats where i was getting the pain in january and it was agony... i did have a cyst though that was causing pain on my right side i think too :/ xx

• Well docs sed I concived on my left and have a colapsing corpus luteum on my right ovary I don't no wat that is as no one seems to be telling me any thing I read it on my letter x