Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

staying positive!

Just need abit of a pick me up really... Since i had my son 2 and half years ago, iv been surrounded by bad news of friends and myslef loosing babies and it has made me a crazy paranoid lady!!

me and my best were pregnant at the same time, due 4 months apart, but she had loads of problems and Charlie was born at 31 weeks, unfortunatly he didnt make it pass day 3! He was truly an Angel, and i think about him all the time, a year after, the same friend had a m/c, i then sufferd a mm/c, and i found out today a good friend has had to deliver her baby at 21 weeks due to the baby having a serious un operable heart condition... she was sent to great ormand street an there is nothing they can do! image

i no, that there are many many women who have healthy pregnancys, its just hard not to panick urself into a state at every twinge! its Like, i cant stop worrying till i have my baby in my arms... and then u start worrying all over again in a diff way!!...

DOES IT EVER END?!!

sorry for the rant and the negativity...

Paranoid mummy

Replies

• Aww hun I no how u feel I think at some point everybody gets worried especially when u hear such things its only a natural way to feel and react. But you really have too not let it get u down and try and enjoy being pregnant otherwise u will turn into a nervous wreck. Hope u can relax a bit n not think to much about things xx
  • Awwww hun, so sorry to hear of your losses. Although this is my first pregnancy, I completely understand how you're feeling. I'm struggling a bit at the moment emotionally. I've read too many stories, plus my best friend gave birth at 24+5 (My god-daughter is almost 4 now so it was a happy ending to an extremely stressful few months)! A relation of another friend lost her baby at 37 weeks and when I went to the opticians about glasses as I will be doing computer work for next 6 months, he told me his wife had recently lost a baby at 16 weeks. I have a copy of my horoscope from when I got my BFP which basically says worrying won't help anything and you're more likely to worry your problems into distance. I think we need to keep calm and remember that each pregnancy is very different and our babies need us to be happy and positive. x x
  • Sorry, distance should actually say existence! Stupid phone! xx
  • Thank u! ur both rite, its just about staying positive! u cant spend ur life worrying eh! xxx