Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012

So how are we all feeling?

Hi ladies image

Just thought it would be nice to have a 'catch up' thread and see how everyone is feeling. Several of us have reached the 12 week milestone now - doesn't it feel like you can breath again?

I'm still feeling tired and queasy on and off, mainly when I'm hungry, but it seems to be getting better now. I'm 13 weeks on Thursday - does that mean I'm into 2nd trimester or is it 14 weeks? I can never remember!

x

Replies

• Its 14 weeks hun . x

I went for a scan today im earlyier than we all thought , nurse said im about 6 weeks instead of 7 , just sitting a praying i reach the 12 week milestone , had a miscarriage this time last year so we all on edge atm .

• Hi Girls image

Ahh Gonnabeamummy I am still feeling really queasy and had quite a bit of dizzyness last week! I am 12 weeks a week today and my scan is on that day (18th June) So impatient now, edd is new years eve so I'm a bit behind everyone in ddid!

Anyone else suffering with spots?!! I have had major breakouts, on my chest ad back and everything, feel sooo self conscious and worried re what to wear to cover it! Never had spots on my body before, joys of pregnancy lol!

x x

• My books say 13 weeks! I went for my 12 week scan today and instead of being 12+4 I am only 11+1. I was expecting to be put back a bit because since having my daughter 5 months ago my cycles were all over the place, and generally longer. Bit of a bummer coz I was really looking forward to the nausea easing and now it turns out I've got longer to wait! But the upside is, got to go back for another scan in a week coz they couldn't do the nuchal translucency that early. X
  • Littlebeansmummy - really hope it goes well for you x

MrsAsh I have always suffered with spots and i thought pregnancy might clear it up but no such luck!

• MrsAsh, I have been put back to 11+1 so am now due dec 30th image
  • Hiya ladies im 15 weeks tomoz the fastest 15weeks of my life.Im starting to feel loads better in myself the Only thing I seem to be suffering from are headache they seem to be worse at work and early evening.Iv now defo started eating for 2 im starving all the same lol,glad all ur pregnacey are going well xxx
  • Fizz85, I am starving all the time too! And if I don't eat I feel sick... My mum, who doesnt know about pregnancy yet, even commented saying "are you aware your appetite has really increased?" Haha x
  • Hi everyone!

I'm 14+2 today & still feel fine in myself but constantly worrying. Have had Downs results back at 1in200 which makes us 'borderline' high risk so we've had a very fraught few days talking through next steps. Have decided to get a kind of second opinion by having extra scan & bloods at 16-weeks (not all NHS Trusts offer this apparently) and won't be having either amnio or CVS as the risk of miscarriage is higher than the risk of 0.5%. Looking forward to seeing bubbs again next week but disappointed that I'll have this nagging worry in the back of my mind for next 6 months now & slight 'gloss' of birth will be taken away by checking baby is fine.

Oh well, who said having babies was easy, eh?! Wishing I'd had morning sickness instead of all this worry though!
  • Undecied,sorry to hear this im keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out good for u xxx
  • Thank you Fizz, these things are sent to try us & all that? I also seem to be constantly eating but that's a conscious effort as my consultant mentioned she was worried I wasn't eating enough as I'd only gained 1lb since 6 week check-in with GP! The joy of being encouraged to snack?! image
  • I'm am 15weeks tomorrow n gettin lots of proper kicks and movements now loving it Oh got to feel a couple of kicks the other day too which made him pretty happy I think lol. Sickness has pretty much gone now just the odd moment every now and then. I do keep getting very lightheaded throughout the day will mention it to midwife when I see her next week but don't think its anything major tiredness is getting worse too!

MrsAsh I have got spots on my back they r horrible but luckily just in the middle so can't b seen had terrible spots last time and was given a cream by the doctor! Undecided sorry to hear of your worry hope everything turns out ok! I have not gained any weight yet but that's probably because of the terrible sickness I had to begin with..... xx
  • Morning ladies! I'm 12+4 today by my dates but we've got our 12 week scan at 11am so that could change! I'm nauseous most of the time which is really dragging me down quite a bit! It'll be worth it in the end. My skin bad, particularly on my cheeks and the tops of my arms! xx
  • MyBs I had the same thing at my scan - thought I was 12+3 and I was actually 11+1.

Undecided, so sorry to hear about your worry, hope everything turns out well. 1in200 seems like a very small risk really.

Fizz - yes constantly starving too! And feeling sick if I don't eat. I went through weeks of not wanting to eat, feeling sick if I didn't, not fancying anything but forcing myself to eat something, getting 3 bites in and not wanting any more..grr. Thankfully that seems to be passing now.

Phoebe I am so jealous! I want kicks!!

Dottysbird - all the best for the scan today! Let us know how it goes image

x

• Awww MyBs- i'll stop moaning now i have a nearly date buddy haha image 

Hope your scan went well dottysbird you must have been soooo excited!!! I can't wait for ours on monday, will be the first time we see our little baby!!!

Most of us seem to be in the same boat with our nausea/hunger issues lol!!!

Fizz85- over the last few days i've been suffering from headaches image its more if a dull ache feels more from tension if anything but very annoying!!

mummyphoebe- i have booked to see the doctor in the hope they can prescribe me a cream/gel, midwife said that its hormonal acne but as it is irritating me (itchy etc on chest) then they should do a topical antibiotic cream i can use!

undecided, hope the worry eases off soon for you, all the decisions and choices during pregnancy re screening etc baffle me, who knew there was so much to think about?!

xx

• hey all! image my pregnancy so far seems to of eased off of sickness since 10 weeks! now and then i feel sick though! im 14 weeks now and the past couple of days ive been gettig really bad headaches! i thought maybe i wasnt drinking enough but ive made a consious effort to drink way more and im still getting them! so i have made a doctors appointment! spots are horrific at the moment! all on my chin and some on cheeks and my forehead! they hurt and are really big! image not attractive! other things i have are that my boobs are very veiny and are getting stretch marks image boooo and freckles on my aerola are beggining to come out! i didnt even have freckles on them before so i think its skin pigmentation or something like that! my aerola seem to off got bigger as well! too much info for some of you! and there darker ! i dont like my boobs anymore image haha anyone else had anything like that? image xx