Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dating scan! :)

Evening ladies! Had my dating scan today! I have been measured at 13+2, rather than my dates of 12+4 so my EDD is now 16th December! All is well with our little Gremlin and my Dad has finally been allowed to go to visit family members and spread the news! My mum has confessed that's she's been shopping already! Not sure how I feel about that! Think I would have liked to have waited. xx

Replies

• Options
    I need to update my ticker! xx
  • Options
    My sister text me to ask if she could start buying stuff & I said she can but not to tell me or give us anything til after 20week scan.

I'm so superstitious!

It's perfectly understandable to be cautious I'm sure (but equally understandable that grandparents are over excited! Lol!)
  • Options

So pleased it all went well for you image That's quite exciting that you're further along than you thought.

I think it's a grandparent thing - my mum is exactly the same and my MIL came down with 4 bin bags full of second hand baby clothes when I was about 5 weeks! I'm perfectly happy with second hand stuff seeing as they hardly get any wear out of them anyway, but so far everything I've been given has been girls stuff! I have about 8 bin bags worth of girls clothes and no boys stuff at all :/

• Options

Just had my dating scab yest.. they dated me at 13 weeks giving me a due date of 18th Dec! image scan was amazing an we have a picture and can see baby smiling! was sat upright with legs folded upto its bum an was just amazing!! she couldnt get the mesurement of the bone in the kneck( because baby wouldnt move) for downs test so gotta have a blood test at 16 weeks! i cant get into buying anything atm! not sure why, just not sure what to look at , and so busy with DS and holiday coming up! Roll on 20 week scan image xxx