Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Babys due in Feb 09 (MFM)

Replies

• Hi lucy

U will soon av a big bump lol. Yeh my son is excited as he has gone thru it b4, dnt think my daughter completly understands tho, i can imagine her puttiin the babies in her pram wen i bring em home thinkin they were dollies lol. how are u?

Corrina

xxxxxxxx

• Hey Corrina my name is Sharon.

I hope u do get 1 of each at least both ur little 1s will get wat day want.

I hopin for a girl but not tat much i'm preety sure its a boy altho im cravin chicken like made witch i dont normally eat but i hav being to cure my cravings.

Do u tink boys are easyer to handle dan girls.My cuz has a boy and a girl age 5 and 6 and she said she tinks boys are easyer she is pregnant aswell she is due on the 7th of feb.

But sum people say girls are easyer.

I hav 2 little boys and i know der a handfull and der only 15months and 3yrs old.

At least ur little 2 are in school so wen der in school it will give u sum time wit the babys.Altho it will b hard at 1st wit the 2 of dem.Hav u got any 1 2 help out for the 1st few days.

• hi sharon, ive had my scan, they have sed they are now identical, they made a mistake on the 1st scan and they are 2 boys which i'm glad as i didnt really want 2 girls.

Yes as far as my 2 kids go i think girls are harder than boys, i wld rather av 10 boys to 1 girl lol, but evry kid is different. It would b nice for u to av girl being as u have boys already.

My mother in law is goin to book 2 weeks off wen we knw the final date that i am goin to be delivered.

They have sed at 28 weeks they are guna start to give me steroid injections to boost the babies lungs n that just incase i go early.

All in all i am really happy and i can actually start buying now yippeee. Wen av u got yr scan? Hope yr ok

Corrina

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Hi Corrina

I hav my scan next wenesday cant wait 2 find out wat im havin.

It must b nice know ur havin identical twin boys.But i say ur little girl is upset ur not havin a girl but she wont mind as soon as u hav ur hands full wit dem.

Tats so nice of ur mother in law 2 take the time off work 2 help out.

I hav a friend who had 2 sets of twins and the way she found best  was 2 feed 1 baby 1st den the other so wen she was on her own wit dem she didnt hav 2 run around try 2 get the 2 of dem feed 2gether.Like she did wit her 1st set of twins.Her 1st set of twins are 7 now the 2nd set are 16months and she has a newborn who is 3months so she relly has her hands full.

My husband has'nt got any family 2 help out wit the babys he was adopped wen he was 2 yrs old.His father died wen he was 11 and his mother died 8yrs ago from cancer.He has tryed 2 find his birth mather and father all he found out was der names and tat he has 12 brothers and sisters sum wer.

As for my own family my mother is very ill she has brain damage.My father aint tat intressed in the baby stages and my sister cant take much time off work 2 help out my 2 older brothers aint intressed in kids tats why day dont hav any of der own and my younger brothers are only 14 and 8 so not much 4 helpin.ha ha.

At least now u can shop till u drop and all blue.But it must b hard havin 2 buy 2 of everyting.

Hav u any names picked out for the babys.

Sorry 4 going on.

Sharon

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

• Lol dnt worry about goin on thats wat these places are 4, sad about yr other half having difficulty in traceing his family, but i'm sure it will happen eventually. I thought my situation was bad but i'm glad i'm not yr friend who has the 2 sets of twins christ best of luck to her lol. Sorry to hear about yr mother that is really sad, my dad doesnt do the baby thing either as he has 2 kids of his own who are young as he and my mother divorced and he is with sum1 new, but fair do's my mother in law has been great which cant be said for many mother in laws lol.

Prob wnt b needed to buy that much as my friend has just had a baby boy n she has got loads of clothes up there, so that is handy.

I think we are defo guna name 1 of the twins joshua as my son was guna b called that but i was adamant that i wanted rhydian lol., not too sure wid da other twin, i like the name ben but not too sure whether my husband likes it. Also i like the name ethan, but i'm sure i'll think of sumthing lol.

corrina

xxxxxxx

• how exciting that you know you're having identical boys! can't wait to find out what i'm having! had a midwife appt yesterday so got to listen to the heartbeat which was really nice image  still have another few weeks before my scan image

my family can't help out much with our little ones either. shawn's south african, so his family all live in johannesburg and his mum has said she can't afford to come over to help. my mum works full time, so does my dad, so will just be me and hopefully shawn will be about for first couple of weeks.

sorry sharon to hear about your mum, must be very hard. looking forward to finding out what you're having too image

chat soon x

• Hi Lucy  and Corrina

My Husband is from south africa Johannesburyg  as well tats why he is findin it hard 2 trace his family.

Im used 2 my mothers illness by now it was six yrs ago wen she 1st got sick bout a yr l8r we found out wat it was.My little brother was 2 yrs old at the time.MY 2 brothers ans sister was put in 2 care bout tat time aswell coz my father cud'nt handly dem wit my mothers illness and tryin 2 hold down a job aswell.

My 2 younger brothers witch are 14 and 8 will stay in care till day are 18.but day cum down and stay wit me every 2 weekend.So day dont miss out on being wit the family and my sister stays the wkends der not ere.Wer still close after everyting.

Corrina i love the name Ethan i am tryin 2 get my husband 2 agree 2 the name but no joy he said he aint fond of the name.Joshua is a lovly name hav u checked out the boys names on tis der is a few nice ones.

My husband wont choose a boys name coz he said its a girl tat im havin.We hav desided on the name Keasha for a girl.So i jst hav 2 wail till my scan 2 find out for sure.

Its nice tat u can get the stuff of ur friend it will save u a bit der.I hav a friend who had a boy bout nine months ago and she said she still has his baby clothes so if i hav a boy she said i can hav dem coz she will jst trow dem out.

Its nice u get on so well wit ur m-inlaw not many people do.

Hope u's hav a great day talk soon.

Sharon.

xxxxxxxxx

• what a coincidence they're both from joburg! how old was your hubby when he left? i get on well with shawn's mum, but not sure we would get on as well if she didn't live in another continent!

do you mind me asking what your mum's illness is? sounds very sad that your siblings had to be put into care, but lovely you see them so often. was she quite young when she became unwell. i think brain damage is one of the hardest things to cope with..

i love the name joshua too, we're not thinking of names til we know if it's a boy or a girl, although shawn keeps saying he likes the name Imogen for a girl which i think is quite pretty - better than all his germanic names he normally comes up with for boys!

• Hi Lucy

My husband was 11 wen he left south africa as his adopped father died. he was adopped wen he was 2 tho.His adopped mother died bout 8 yrs ago as well and his adopped brother went back 2 live in south africa be4 she passed away.So he aint got any family really but he dont mind he says he has his own little family rite ere and tats all he needs.His surname b4 he was adopped was van'gof dont know if tats the rite spellin 4 it i wud hav 2 get his paper out for the corret spellin.

My mothers illness i cant even spell it i hav all the facts on it put up sum wer its jst i hav 2 remember wer.My brain is gone 2 mush at the moment.She lose my baby brother 2 cot death wen he was 2 months old 10 yrs ago and went very bad on the drink she hardly ever ate aswell and her weight droped 2 4 stone den she found out she was pregnant wit my little brother 2 yrs l8r she never got over losing my brother and said she never wanted my 8yr old brother coz of it wen he was born she had nothin 2 do wit him never feed him r changed him nothing.Me and my older brother took on the roll of carin 4 him.

She keeped drinkin and not eatin.The doctors said her brain was starved of proten and other ting in other words she starved her brain aswell as herself so her brain dont work propley coz of it.As we wer told she has the brain of a 6yr old and has very short term memory like u can tell her ur name and 3 mins l8r she wud ask wat ur name is coz she wudnt recall meetin u 5 mins b4 hand.

She was 37yrs old wen we wer told bout it she is now 44 now.It gets 2 me sum times Coz every time i visit her wit my boys i hav 2 keep tellin her der names every few mins and she gets very upset coz she can remember her own grandsons names.But Max who is 3 jst says 2 her its ok nana i cant remember sumtings aswell but my name is Max and His name is Codi.Witch makes her laugh.

Wen is ur scan my 1 is on wenesday cant wait.

Sharon.

xxxxxxxxxxx

• awww sharon i really feel for u, i knw that prob not wat u want is sympathy but i take my hat off to u and its really sweet wat yr kids said to yr mum bless them.xxx
  • Hi Girls

Well i had my scan 2 day and every ting is grand wit the baby but my due date has now changed 2 the 8th of march

Oh and wer havin a GIRL myself and my husband are over the moon.

Hope all is well on both of ur side.

Sharon

xxxxxxxxxx

• awww congrats sharon, glad u got wat u wanted n it will make a nice change from buying blue.xxxx
  • Hi Melanie

every 1 is welcome 2 jump in if day want.I cant wait even my sister is going mad buyin pink its her 1st neice and she is over the moon the same as myself and my husband.

Do u know wat ur havin i say u wud like a little girl seenin as u hav 2 boys.

• Hi Corrina

yes it makes a big change i've already went and bought her 1st dress. and myself and my husband desided on the name Keisha

How is everyting on ur side.

Sharon

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• hi sharon,

Thats a nice name you av picked out for yr little girl.

Things seem to be going from bad to worse on my side at the moment lol, I had really severe cramp in my leg early hours of wednesday morn and was still limping yesterday so went up the docs and she said i have more than likely pulled a muscle in my leg due to the severity of the cramp, I also mentioned to her that i had tiny red blotches on my chest and didnt knw whether they were to do wid the pregnancy and she said they might b, but she wanted to do a couple of blood tests to test my liver just to make sure.

But other than that things are fine lol. Ive been sorting out all the baby clothes today, putting all the vests, sleepsuits together etc, so they r all stacked nicely now on my chest of drawers, so it seems real now when i walk into my bedroom and i see baby clothes out lol.

Hope yr ok

Corrina

xxxxxxxx

• sorry haven't been on this thread for a while.. so happy you're going to have a girl - that's so exciting!! keisha is a beautiful name too.. my due date is the 9th march, so we're pretty close, have you been feeling lots of kicks recently?

sorry to hear about your mum, that's so sad.. think it's wernicke's you're talking about but not sure.. must have been tough for you growing up with that. shawn's pretty good at finding people in johannesburg. he has a few dodgy connections, so if you found your husband's old surname out, maybe he could see what he could do..?

corrina, sorry to hear about your cramping, hope it's gotten better now.. can't believe you're sorting baby clothes already - that's so organised! when's your due date?? i don't want to start getting anything ready til the last couple of months as i'm always paranoid something's going to go wrong and don't want to jinx myself.. can't wait til my scan - getting so impatient! still have 12 days to go..

hope you're all having nice weekends.. am sadly glued to the x factor..

• Hi lucy

Dnt blame ya for being glued to the x factor i'm just as bad lol.

I'm due 13th feb, but am being delivered at 36 weeks as its 2 dangerous for me for my waters to break due to me avin 2 c sections before. But obviously with twins i think the average labour date is from 34-38 weeks, so in a way i havent got long at all either way it will b just after xmas, i'm praying i dnt go before.

Good luck for yr scan, u aint got long now, wat wld u like?

Corrina

xxxxxxxxxx

• ooh yes - i had forgotten about the twins!! i guess you don't have much time left if your due date was feb 13th in first place.. that's exciting! hope it all goes well for you without any problems.

i thought in the beginning that i would really like a girl, but am coming round to wanting another boy.. so really don't mind, just as long as it's healthy.

was glad scott didn't get voted out of x factor last night, bless him. thought bad lashes sounded very out of tune and they've got each other so it wasn't bad that they went out!

are your other children starting to get excited now??

• Lol i wld say girls are harder than boys, just for the simple fact they get more stroppy n turn into madams more than a boy, i would rather have 10 boys n 1 girl lol.

My son keeps asking when are they coming, and i say not long now n he asks if he can hold them n stuff. My daughter doesnt rly understand as she is only 3, but i think she will b really jelous when they arrive, but i have said to her that she will be mummys special little helper as she gets so proud of herself when she helps me to do stuff.

Yes i was glad that scott didnt go as that would av been unfair, i felt a bit sorry for louis both of his bands in the bottom, My fav has got to b rachel and laura at the mo, i really dnt like that spanish girl tho.

Corrina

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

•  Hi Corrnia and Lucy

I'm glued 2 the x-factor aswell my favs are Rachel,Laura and d 16 yr old from north Ireland.

Did they say wen u wud the results back from ur bloods Corrnia hope everyting is alrite.I get small white spots all over my shoulder and red blothes on my chest everytime im pregnant but the docs said it from the babys blood mixing with mine and it is nothin 2 worry bout.

My pelvic pains are getting very bad some days so bad i find it hard 2 move and d boys are findin it hard tat i cant run around after dem as much as i wud like 2 but we hav a new game now wer we sit on the floor and play and it keeps dem happy.

Corrnia hav u tryed doing a count down calendar till the babys birthday wit ur little 1s it saves dem askin every day are day cumin yet.Day can each do 1 u jst sit down wit dem and a few pieces of paper write the days of the month on each 1 witch day can draw der own pictures on or wat ever day want hang dem up and day each get 2 mark every day off untill x-mas,holween and the babys birthday tat wat we did wit max and he loves markin the days off till his little sister cums.

I hav 2 get my husband 2 get his paper Lucy wen he gets dem out i'll let u know he was the youngest of 12 so all he brothers and sister will b in der 40s or 50s.

Yes Wat my mother has is Wernicke korcoffs syndrom it was hard at 1st but we had 2 get used 2 it.We told her 2day tat she was going 2 hav her 1st granddaughter and she started cryin.But 10 mins l8r she said i was puttin on weight or was i pregnant. but Max jst said yes nana tats my baby sister Keisha in der.Witch made her cry again.

Max started montessori on monday and he love it the teacher said its like he has being der months every mornine he cums in2 our room and says wakey wakey mammy and daddy time 2 get up and go 2 school he even dresses himself in the mornine b4 cumin in2 our room even tho his trousers on up on back the front most mornines.

Hope all is well on both ur side

Sharon.

xxxxxxxxxxx