Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Babys due in Feb 09 (MFM)

Replies

• i guess this time round you've got 'double trouble'! it's routine in our area to have a lucozade  test and have to hang around for 2 hours at the hospital.. i didn't have it with ben and am going to try to get out of it here, cos they can still dip my urine!

glad they're both growing well and active - do they keep you awake at night? are you up to much this weekend?

• They normally wake up when i first go to bed, but i they dnt wake me up when i'm sleeping, but i'm sure that will change when they are born.

I'm off trick or treating tonight with the kids, so i'm glad its not raining. I'm majorly skint so wnt be going newhere, bin tryin to catch up on all my bills as i had missed sum payments so now they r wantin double. Might go to a firework display up by me on sunday its £7 for a family of 4 so thats good.

What u up 2?

Corrina

xxxxxxxxx

• Hi girl

Sorry I aint being on in awhile being so busy wit the boys wit doctors and hospital appointments and problames wit my pelvis and hips and apoinntments for myself aint had much time 2 myself.

How is everyting on ur sides.

Hope all is well.

Sharon.

• hi guys, have been rubbish coming on here too! corrina - hope you had fun at the fireworks, we took ben to a local school's display and he loved it! he kept saying 'scary' but looked like he was really enjoying them!

otherwise, not been up to much.. had a big project to do at work which has taken up most of my time,but thankfully that's all finished now. had a bit of a spending spree at m+s on saturday as shawn has lost 2 stone doing ww so none of his clothes fit anymore.. nowhere else seems to do clothes that fit him.. so we're trying not to do much else the rest of the month as overspent a bit! it's scary missing payments on bills, they always whack them up so fast.. we've been having a fight with fitness first recently, as we left our last address 4 months ago and there's no ff locally, so technically we shouldn't have to continue paying.. but they just kept sending all of these bills, that i've paid them off cos i can't cope with the stress.

sharon - sorry to hear you've been so busy at hospital appointments, hope everything is okay.. how's things with you?

• Hi Lucy

not 2 bad conciderin Codi has had hospital appointment bout his babk its like he is being trowin from 1 doc 2 the nexted he has 2 c another doc in the hospital on friday.

Max was in the doc coz he had hand,foot and mouth ting wer little water blisters wer all over his hands feet and in his mouth and he was very bad temperted wit it.

I hav 2 go 2 phsiyo twice a wk coz i hav tat pelvic cond u get wen ur pregnant witch is getting 2 me as most days i can berly walk and is very painfull.

We moved Codi from his cot in 2 a bed a wk ago witch has being great as he has'nt woke once during the night for his milk since we did witch mean i get 2 hav a full nights sleep witch we never had since the day he was born.

I cud'nt do much wit the boy on holloween as i was in 2 much pain 2 move around much.We had a few family members around tat day and played a few games my sister and husband took max around treak or treatin while i washed and put Codi 2 bed.

Wen day came back Codi was out cold and we set of a few fireworks in the garden witch Max loved.

Are u all set for xmas

Hope ur keepin well and how is all on ur side.

Sharon xxxx

• Hi there im Lindsey

my baby is due in April. I also have 2 children already. 2 girls Isabelle and Ayesha. Did you get married at 19. I did. I have been married for nearly 7 years now. 

Hope the rest of your preg goes well 

• hope Codi's back gets sorted out, it's great that he's sleeping through the night, you must be happy with that!
    sorry to hear you're in pain.. lots of ladies on here seem to have the same problem.. i'm getting similar pains, but only mildly, and it's not really affecting what i'm doing too much. i overdid it on the housework this morning, but once i stop i'm okay. my main problem is constipation!! i've started drinking prune juice every day and fruit and fibre, but it's still not working that well!image i never had the same problem when pg with ben!

have a few bits and bobs for christmas, but only bought things for ben so far!! he's the most fun to buy for..

what about you? i can't wait to put my tree and lights up!!

• Hi sharon was starting to wonder where you were. Sorry to here about the frequent trips to the hos, but hopefully things will get better soon especially with xmas coming up.

Ive seen people with xmas lights up already, they must be mad, but i got to be honest it makes me want to put mine up and all lol. But i'm holding off well so far.

Got antenatal 2moro, which i hate as you always tend to be there for 2 hours or more and then i got to go the hos wednesday to have that glucose test done and they also want me to stay there for 2 hours great!!!!!.

I'm off to tenby for the weekend as my best friend owns a caravan down there and every november they do a owners party which i go to every year, i have been putting tenby off recently as thats where my brother died in june, but thought i would face it finally on the weekend as it will be the last time i will get to go as my friends car aint big enough to fit 4 kids me and her in it lol.

Then hopefully when i come back from that i can start back on xmas again as for the past month ive been trying to clear my bills off before xmas, as i had missed alot of payments on the majority of them and then once you do that you start to get yourself into a pickle lol. But ive finally got there all in all we have paid out £600 to catch up on bills in the past month (just shows how much i was behind) but thank god not anymore.

Hope all is well with both of you ladies, take carexxxx

Corrina

• Lots to update on,  1st i don't have diabetes, the glucose test came back negative.

Finally caught up on all my bills, ive got everything i need now for the babies and all my xmas shopping is done. We have had it confirmed that i am having 1 boy and 1 girl which was a relief as it ment i could start buying pink lol. I got another scan now on the 10 th and my consultant is then going to give me a date for my c section which is great as so far i havent known anything.

Ive had those steroid injections now which hurt like hell, but if i do go early now and least they will help the babies lungs alot

Hope your both well.xxxxxx

• Hi Girls

Being very busy lately.Tryin 2 get the house painted and clearing out all our old stuff.sortin all the boys clothes and old toys to giv 2 charity b4 santa brings dem new 1s and hospital appointments.

Hey Corrina Glad 2 hear u dont hav diabetes and tat ur havin 1 of each at least ur little 1s will b happy tat ur havin 1 of each.did u get the date for ur c-section yet.Hav u any names picked out for the babys yet.I hope u enjoy ur hoilday i know its hard going back 2 a place wer u lost a loved 1 but jst remember how much he injoyed life and how many happy memoreies use hav wit him.

Hey Lucy i aint being 2 bad all in all I hav all my xmas presents sorted out since the begining of Oct I do every year saves me runing around at the last min r the shops not havin dem in stock all tis month i jst pick up extra bits of food every wk in the shoppin so xmas wk i jst hav 2 pick up the small tings like bread milk sugar and other tings like tat.

Codi has 2 c another Doctor after xmas bout his back day put off his last appointment.He has being great since we put him in a bed.Every 1 keeps sayin he is a bit 2 young 2 hav in a bed coz he was only 15months old wen we moved him in 2 1.But day wer'nt the 1s who hav 2 get up 4 r 5 times during the night 2 feed him And he seems 2 be more happy since we did plus he is sleepin true the night.

Hi Linzs.

Ya i got married at 19 wen i was 5 months pg wit my 1st baby Max.every 1 taut we jst got married coz of the baby witch we didnt or i was 2 young and tat it will never last.But wer still going strong.We wer mates since i was 15,We got 2gether jst after my 16th birthday.bout 6months l8r he asked me 2 marry him and i taut he was only jokin so i said ya rite but wen i saw his face i knew he ment it so we did talk about it.I mean we didnt even hav intercourse yet wen he asked me as i was still a vergin.And coz my family life was hard growing up i didnt want 2 get hurt by really fallin for him as i taut he was like a lot of lads out der jst after the 1 ting.So after we talked bout it he said he wud drop it and not say another word bout it.So in Feb 2004 on the 29th i asked him 2 marry me.At witch point he said yes.We got married in April 2005. 

As u prop know i hav 2 boys Max who is 3 and Codi who is 17months.

How old are ur girl and wat do tink bout u havin another baby.Do u know wat ur havin and wat date in April are u due.

Take care girls and i hope all is well.

Sharon

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Hi sharon.

If Codi is happy sleeping in a normal bed then just ignore other people's comments at the end of the day every child is different. Rhydian didn't go into a  proper bed until he was just gone 2, where Amy was in a proper bed probably the same age as Codi.

Didn't get a date for my c section as when i got there, the midwifes informed that my consultant wasn't in until the new year, which p***ed me off as he asked to see me on that date and then not be there, but anyway i explained to the midwifes he was supposed to be giving me a date, so they have booked me in to see another consultant for tomorrow as thats the last day any consultant is going to be there until the new year, so whoever i see tomorrow i'm hopeing they can give me a date, if they dont i'm going to go nuts as ive been kept hanging on for ages.

Had another scan last week and the boy is weighing at 3lb 6oz and the girl is 3lb 1oz which i am extremely pleased with, as i don't know why i thought it, but i thought they were only going to be 3lb born lol, which doesn't look like thats going to happen now does it hahaha. They should be round about the 5lb mark when they are born which is great.

I really can't wait for christmas i'm worse than the kids lol. Ive wrapped all the familys presents but haven't wrapped the kids yet, will be doing that on sunday 21st as their nannie is taken them to see father xmas so they will be gone most of the day, so i'm going to do it then.

My weekend up in Tenby went fine, i didn't go to the beach where he died as i thought in my condition it probably wouldn't be wise as i would probably get extremely upset, Kept thinkingto myself on the way up in the car, "oh this was the last time he ever seen this, seen that" don't know why i was thinking that but i was, i think you tend to give yourself mental torture or something. But i faced Tenby that was all that mattered, and its done now and out the way.

If i don't hear from you before have a lovely Christmas and New year.

Take care

Corrina

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Hi you guys, sorry haven't been on here much.. have swapped jobs and back in the hospital now rather than GP which is a bit of a shock to the system.. finding it really tiring as on my feet for a lot of the day and doing lots of bending over patients - bump is getting in the way now..

Corrina - fingers crossed you get a date tomorrow.. Glad to hear your babies are good weights, must be reassuring to hear. i wish i had more scans so i could see what sproglet is up to. am sposed to get my glucose test done this week, must try not to forget as appt with midwife is next week! to be honest, i've been so busy with work i haven't had a chance to think much about getting things for the little one.. i have two weeks off in January after a set of nights so am hoping to do it then. Must have been very hard for you spending the weekend with Tenby.. Well done for facing it, I don't think you ever get over something like that..

Sharon - you sound very organised with sorting through children's toys before christmas, i should really do the same!! glad to hear codi is sleeping well in a bed, as Sharon says, don't listen to other people, as long as he's doing well it doesn't matter where he sleeps!! hope you get some answers at the next appointment for him.

Linz - hello, hope you're doing okay. i didn't get married at 19, but Shawn proposed after we'd been together 6 weeks, and Ben came along about 11 months after we met!! From the moment I met him I knew he was the one for me and although we told our parents Ben was a bit of an accident (they were very angry!), we knew exactly what could happen and were excited about becoming a family. All my friends thought I was crazy, but when you know you know..  I love the pics of your beautiful girls, are you pretty sure this one is a boy now??

Hope you all have a very Happy Christmas if I don't speak to you before,

love lucy xx

• Ok, i now officially give up, ive had enough!!!!!

Went down hospital today as you know, to get the date for my c section, however when i get there the midwife asks me how come i was back down today when i was being seen next week anyway, so i explained that the another midwife had told me that this was the last day that any of the consultants was going to be here, so i was squeezed in for today. By this point the midwife is looking really confused, she said there are consultants in next week, yours isn;t but all of my consultants patients had been booked into see someone else anyway. So i said ok, i then told her that when i was here last week, they didnt take my blood pressure or a urine sample off me, so she was even more fuming again lol.

Anyway she apologised to me and said that i could see the consultant today for the date, so i waited for 45 mins and eventually get called in only to be told i wasn't getting a date today, he will give me one next week after ive had another scan, which pi**ed me off as i had waited 45 mins for nothing.

if they don't give me a date next week, i aint going to turn up to there appointments and if they complain, i'll just well you have f***ed me around so i shall now do it to you.

Ok rants over lol

Hope all ok

Corrina

xxxxxx

• that's rubbish, sorry to hear you've been messed around so much.. fingers crossed next week is better! i've got to do my lucozade test tomorrow.. i never had one last time round and think it's a bit of a waste of time as they're sposed to test high risk people based on urine results. besides, the thought of being told to stop eating chocolate is not a good one!

have been shattered today.. unexpectedly got the afternoon off work so tried to do some christmas shopping but it was a nightmare in town, and i ended up not buying much at all. was listening to the radio this afternoon about the reece jones' trial and have been really upset all afternoon just thinking about that poor boy's mother cradling her baby in her arms as he died.. image i know my hormones are all over the place, but it's just so horrible.

hope you guys are okay xx

• That glucose test isnt as bad as i thought it was going to be, i thought the drink would be awful, but it tasted like lime squash, got a bit sickly towards the end mind. Yeh i was really worried about not being able to eat chocolate if it came back positive especially over christmas,  i said to my husband they can kiss my backside if they think i aint going to eat any lol. Luckily i haven't got to deal with that.

Hope yours comes back negative as well.

I know it is awful, there's just been so many stories about babies dieing this year uts been unbelievable, it doesnt help when your pregnant mind as i think you tend to become more involved in the story, and get your emotions really high if you know what i mean.

The kids have been off school today, as they haven't been well, they've both had a cold but with the achy head as well. They do seem alot better tonight so i was going to send them to school tomorrow, i wasn't going to but they have their christmas party tomorrow and i don't want them to miss that.

But other than the kids being ill, everything is fine, ive got a cold back again, but should be gone by christmas hopefully lol.

Take care

Corrina

xxxxxxxxxxx

• had my test yesterday as thought i ate too many sweeties on wednesday! looked up my results today and they look okay, so fingers crossed they don't need to test again (was on high side of normal and not sure what the cut off is for this trust).. they made us buy our own lucozade original and measure out 275ml, then have a BT 30 mins later..(too stingy to provide their own drinks!). ate nearly a whole multipack of funsized chocolates last night image

hope your little ones are both feeling better today.. Ben is full of cold and has a little red nose bless him, he's still smiling though!

hope you guys are all okay and have a lovely christmas xx

• Thats disgusting that they made you buy your own, skingy buggers.

Rhydians cold has gone, Amy has been a bit under the weather for the past 2 days as she's been falling asleep in the afternoon, which never does and she isn't her mad self so she must be ill.

Ive been feeling really rough today as my ribs and back have been killing me, normally i don't get the pain till the night as been having it for the past 4 weeks, but this morning i woke up with it and buy 4.00pm i had enough and started crying because i just couldn't handle the pain anymore. Ive really had enough now, like i want them out so i can be free of this horrible pain but i don't want them out because of the health risks to the babies lol. I'm in a no win situation.

Ive managed to pull myself together and reminded myself that it won't be long, so im sat here with the kids having a cup of tea, while they are watching scooby doo, husbands gone over the pub, he said i won;t go if you don't want me to, i was like well still go, there's always the phone if something happens.

Got a busy couple of days now, as from tomorrow its visiting places to deliver peoples presents lol, got the hospital monday, then we are doing our christmas food shop on tuesday, my mother in law said she would have the kids while we went as its going to be stressfull enough as it is without the kids on top of that.

My mum is now in Florida, as she has gone away this christmas, she normally does go away but for the past 2 years she's been home but this year decided to go to get away from it all being it's the first christmas without her son, so she dropped her presents off yesterday and they are now in my front living room with the door locked lol

If i don;t hear from you have a nice christmas as well.

Take care

xxxxxxxxxxxx

• poor you.. sending big hugs, hope they've stopped kicking you and you're more comfortable now... can't imagine what it must be like having two of them wriggling around in there! does it feel very different from your other pregnancies in terms of the movements?! can you have a bath and try to do something relaxing, or too much to do?

the days are going to fly by now until they arrive!! my ticker's down to 80 days to go now, so beginning to get a little excited. makes me feel better when i see the posts from the ladies who are currently only just pregnant who are at 7 weeks or so.. that feels like a long long time ago now.

am working til wednesday next week, but we're not doing much entertaining over christmas - going to my mum's for lunch on christmas day and then to my dad's for drinks in the evening.. then boxing day at my dad's.. not sure what we'll do next weekend, but my bro and sis are around so might do something with them and their partners..

must be hard for you and your family being the first christmas without your brother.. do you not usually see your mum over christmas then? my mum got very cross one year when i went on holiday over christmas - i can't imagine her going away!

i'll probably be popping on here still from time to time over the next week, but if i don't speak to you before, i really hope those little ones give you a break before they pop out and create even more chaos!!

lucy xx

• Oh yes give me a single pregnancy any day, like with 1 baby you normally just feel the movements in a couple of places, with 2 when 1 goes the other will, so i get prodded near enough all over my belly.

I didn't think it was going to be that much harder carrying 2 if any, but oh my god it so is. I have tried having a bath, it does go when i'm in the bath, but comes back when i get out, ive tried deep heat and i can't even feel that.  Alot of people have told me to take it easy, but how you take it easy especially this time of the year and its not fair on my kids if i just lay in bed all day, plus couldn't trust my husband to do the washing or ironing lol.

Mum does normally go away for xmas, since divorcing my father she has remarried and her husband never had kids, plus she's never been the maternal type lol. Would be a bit strange for me to go round my mother's xmas day or boxing day lol what you've never had you don't miss i suppose. We see alot of my husbands family as they are a really close family which when i first met him i found really strange as all of my family are not close at all. But ive got used to it and would love it when my kids grow up and we are as close as they are.

Corrina

xxxxxxxxxxx

• it's difficult to take it easy with two children to look after - shame you couldn't have had the twins first!! i guess you can't stay in a bath forever!

my parents both have new partners since they divorced..  my dad remarried a lady who is very non-maternal (she has one son who lived in the ymca for a while!), but she loves cooking and entertaining, so that's not so bad! my mum's new partner (not that new - they've been together 8 years now!) drinks far too much and is estranged from his first family, but my mum absolutely loves christmas and gets upset if we go to my dad's for christmas!

ewwqwqe2wE2wwsqsj kkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjp[-[[[[m n     zZabdeebbxsc n n nn      ccccccccccvc            bbfvbbvvvvvf nb

that's what a very snotty ben has to say this morning!! he's been up since 6am asking for tissues!

it's nice that you're close to your husband's family - shawn's family are all in Johannesburg so we hardly ever see them.. i feel sorry he gets bombarded with my family all the time!

hope you have a good day today and the babies sleep lots!

chat later xx