Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010

Help - DD sleeping sitting up

Hi,

Really need your help and advice.

My DD is very close but isn't quite crawling yet, but in the last few weeks has mastered sitting up from lying down either on her back or on her tummy. She has also just worked out how to pull herself up to standing in her cot.

The problem I now face is that when I put her down at bedtime she immediately sits back up, and the last two nights in a row, has fallen asleep sitting up. Am not sure what to do. She is asleep right now sitting up. My hubby has just been into to her room and tried to lie her down, but she wakes up and starts howling. She sits back up and then goes straight back off to sleep....

Am not sure what to do? Her day time naps have been a real challenge today as well, with her constantly sitting up etc.

Is anyone else having the same problems? I would appreciate any help or advice....

Thank you.

Edie xxx

Replies

• Haven't had the same prob I'm afraid but do you think maybe she has reflux or wind or something that means she is more comfortable sitting up in bed? Why don't you try propping her up? My lo will NOT sleep on a flat mattress anymore, I actually have her little moses basket matress under her cot bed one now so she is propped up image
  • Thanks that's a good idea. She is getting over a cold at the moment, so it maybe that she isn't very comfortable lying down.

Will give anything a try!

Thanks,

Edie xx