Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010

contrception??

well Nancy is only 8 days old and im not really thinking about any other bedroom action apart from sleep at the moment :lol: but i was wondering what contriception everyone is going on?
i used to be on the pill a long time ago we started trying for a baby in july 2008 so it feels like forever since i had to think about this subject!
hope all the new mummy's and babies are all doing well
sam & Nancy 8days!!
xxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Seperate bedrooms..........!!!

I cant even think about sex at the minute, im too sore and too tired. Cos im expressing i cant go back on the pill that i use to be on, but that doesn't bother me to much. When i do feel upto it we'll probably just use condoms.
    Lisa & Evan 9days xx
  • Well apart from being shattered, i feel ok for a bit of bedroom action, due to my fab birth with no stiches. I think im going to get a coil, prob just the copper one. I dont do the hormone thing well so thats really the only option

Gemm x
  • ok, Nancy is now 3 wks old and i feel pretty much back to normal, and im starting to think more about the contreception, as im quite keen to jump back under the sheets starting to feel a bit deprived how is everyone else feeling and what is everyone else using? i was thinking condoms until me and hubby have decided if we are having baby No 4 or not (not till the end of the year if we are, but if we decide to i dont want to be on anythin hormonal so it pretty much limits me really to condoms or the coil)
    xxxxxxxx
  • have you thought about the implant you get in your arm? If you take it out your hormones return straight away. My gp said it is the thing she would recommend

Gemm x
  • Once my internal stitches have disolved (lovely!) we'll be using condoms...I hate the thought of going back on the pill (have been taking it on and off for 16 years!) and the thought of the coil is not appealing...

Cath xx
  • condoms for us...when I get round to buying some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just waiting for hubbys appointment to come through for the "snip"...3-6 months after that we will be good to go lol!!!!

• im going on the mini pill i think as you can use that whilst breastfeeding/expressing ... having something inserted in me doesn't seem appealing and the OH can't get on with condoms ... i don't want another too soon either so will c what the docs suggest too. xx