Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010

Completely O/T but so upset

My dog was attacked by an escaped dog today! image I was walking her, having left ds with hubby at home (thank goodness!) and an escaped dog started following us and then started to attack my dog, who fought back. I just had to drop her lead and was so panicked, they were really going at each other. There was no-one around and I literally had to scream for help. I never knew you could scream so loud it made your sides hurt! Luckily someone heard and came and shouted at the other dog so I could run home with my dog and thankfully she is fine... I literally thought I was going to see her pulled apart by this other dog. It really shook me, I am still shaking and upset now. I'm just so glad Ewan was at home because it was truly awful. Just as I was walking away someone did come to get the dog but I didn't even stop to talk to him, I just wanted to get her home and check her over.

Just had to share because it really was truly truly horrible.

Replies

• Oh Hun, that is awful. Is your doggy ok? She's not injured is she? Apart from being shaken up, are you ok?

Our friend was walking his dogs on Friday night when they got attacked by a free staff. He normally takes his 10 month old son with him but didn't that night either.

Big hugs and have either a nice alcoholic drink or a tea with lots of sugar xx
  • Oh no, your poor doggy image

You would think if the dog was a risk to other dogs he would have been on a lead! I hate people that don't think about what their own dog is capable of and consider other dogs and their owners!

Is your dog ok? xxx
  • Yeah she's ok... he really seemed to be biting into her but hubby gave her a really good check over and she's fine. I think he had her by the scruff of her neck which is obviously so tough.

As for me, I'm fine... I wasn't brave or stupid enough to put myself between them - it just made me so frightened and so glad that I didn't have my baby boy with me.

Have already had an alcoholic drink... think I needed it!
  • Oh Mrs CP i am sending both you and your pup a massive hug! I know just how you felt my big man was attacked when i was 18 weeks pregnant by a staff that just came out of no where and went for him. It was awful i was screaming and trying to drag him off as my poor dog was just screaming it seemed to take forever for the owner to arrive and i was so angry when she said "sorry he doesn't like other dogs we are trying to train him!!!" Now i love all dogs but if you have an unfriendly one keep it on the leash!!!!
    Big hugs xxxxx
  • How awful for you, I remember my cousins dog being attacked by a neighbours dog when they were out for a walk and m y cousin was so shaken up by it - he was too young for the alcoholic drink though, I hope your dog is ok, give her a few extra treats. Xx
  • Big hugs for you all!!! My dog died 2 years ago and i still miss her. I can imagine how awful it must be to go through that!! Rena, i remember you posting about your dog too!!!

Nasty scary mad dogs!! I blame the mad owners!!

Gemm x
  • Blimey that's awful, you poor thing - i hope you and your popsicle have got over the shock. Its such a worry these days isn';t it - i was walking my two some timem ago (when i was pregnant) and they were off the lead and another guy started shouting at me to 'get your dogs on a lead, my dog doesn't like other dogs'!! couldn't believe it - i just shouted back that if his dog was dangerous then its him that should keep it tethered. Can't believe some people x x x
  • Thanks all for your messages... have to say we're both fine now. I think I'll be a bit wary around other dogs for a while though! Stupid people letting these dogs out!
  • its awful isnt it. but you did exactly the right thing as you cant get between them. the dodgy area i drive through to get to work always has dogs walking about on their own. lots of people on the estate think that dogs can walk themselves. makes me so mad. it's not safe for the dogs because of the cas. you literally see people open the doors to let the dogs out! on their own.