Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

weaning has well and truly began and it nearly made me cry!!

ok so my little boy is my second baby and have mentioned on her a few times how i have tried to keep him a "baby" this time. i was very reluctant to start weaning him and even tho he has two teeth i havnt really wanted to try him with things like toast finger yet ( by the time my daughter was his age she was on two pureed meals a day and toast finger in the morning and had been for some time!!)
He has been having one fromage frais a day and a few teaspoons of our meal pureed. however this morning we went out for breakfast he ussually just breastfeeds in the morning , he had a long feed before we left and was happy. however when our food arrived he was mmmMmming at it and started to get upset i didnt have a yoghurt with me and he wasnt interested in the breast! my daughter (3) said mummy he wants some!!! i could clearly see he did so i broke one of her scotch pancakes in half and gave it to him it was straight in his mouth and he sat happily chewing and then his hands were out for more when he finished!! i was quite emotional about it!! he has started top sit up this wek too...hes growing up too quickly!!! anyone else struggling with seeing the time pass so quickly and there little one getting bigger by the day??? i want to enjoy every minute of him but am annoyed with myself for getting a little upset about these things ( its not like im sat crying or anything) but i feel im being selfish?? :\?

Replies

• I know what you mean! My twins are 5 months now and I've had to start weaning them this week as my little boy has been so hungry in the night. I want them to stay tiny forever as I won't be having any more! I'm just trying to enjoy every little baby moment.
  • yep hes gunna be my last one aswell so i just want him to be my little baby.....god i hope i dont turn into one of those "wrap them in cotton wool mothers!!" it doesnt bode wel that im getting teary at the sight of him munching on a pancake does it ?he he he