Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how much sleep are you getting??

just curious to know how long our LO's are sleeping for at night and how many feeds etc?

The longets mine has gone between feeds is 5 hours, but some nights we are up all night !!

he is 4 weeks xx

Replies

• Nancy is 6wks 3days and it varys really we'v had a few nights where she has gone 8hrs, but its regular for her to go 6-7 hrs at night she has her last feed about 10ish then goes to about 5ish.
    but last night we had a step back she's full of a cold so was up at 10 for her feed then was whingy till about 12.30am then slept till 3.30 was awake til about 5.30am (poor little thing she so bunged up) then she slept till 7.30am. so definatly a bad night but i suppose we have to have the bad with the good and she's laid here now wide awake cooing away, lack of sleep isnt bothering her, LOL!!

sam&Nancy
    xxxx
  • We are approx 1.5 - 2 hours at the moment but then Corey is only 3 weeks and 4 days old and I'm breast feeding.

I'm hoping in the next few weeks he'll go to 3 hours.

So in answer to your question - not enough sleep! However I am trying to catch some zzz's during the day when he is sleeping so I'm not feeling too tired.

xx

edited due to cr@p spelling!

[Modified by: sp80 on March 18, 2010 09:10 AM]

[Modified by: sp80 on March 18, 2010 09:11 AM]

• We normally feed at around 8pm, midnight and then 4am (give or take an hour or so). So we go to bed at 9pm, hubby does the midnight feed and I'm up for the early morning one! I'm starting to get used to the lack of sleep.

Adam is nearly five weeks now.

Once he hits six weeks and can go longer between feeds, I'm going to attempt to structure them a bit more!

• We are between 2 and 3 hours at the min. Ethan was going 4 hours so weve had a step back a little bit but it is early days and im breast feeding too so expected the worse lol.
    Cant wait for 4 hour slots again!! x
  • lo is coming up to 5 weeks and its every 3-4 hours, she has gone 5 hours at night a couple of times and i've woken in a panic wondering why she hasn't woken! she goes to bed with a bottle at 9.30pm, wakes 12/1ish for another bottle, then 4/5 am back on the boob image
  • i have had 1 night where Isabelle went 5 hrs and the other night she fed at 7, 11 then 3 then 7 which was soooo nice but it all does vary! Most of the time 3 hrs and im breast feeding too x
  • Lily seems to have settled into two 5 hour stretches, we have had six hours and a 7 hour , but five hour is her normal pattern, she will have a bottle at 10pm 3am and then 8am.. I do all of them as Hubby is working. We give her a big feed at 10pm and at 3am she has a smaller feed, i feed her in the dark, smell her nappy and put her back to bed.
  • mia is 7 weeks now , and seems to be settling into a routien. she ll have her bedtime feed around 8 pm ish after a bath . then around midnight we give her a bottle change nappy and she sleeps then till 7 am. xx
  • Emily was 4 weeks last tuesday and has recently started going about 7 hours at night. I'm exhausted though, because she usually goes about 11pm-6am but i end up not sleeping very well from 6am to whenever i get up. I find it easier to get back to sleep if she wakes earlier for a feed. I think she is sleeping so well just now because we are co-sleeping. I put her in her crib and she went 4 hours between feeds.

She is generally a very good sleeper and eater image

xxx
  • The diva is having a feed around 2100, falling asleep and going until around 0200, then she goes back after a bum change and bottle until around 0600, so don't feel too bad at all. She is 23 days today.

Sam x
  • Remy goes roughly every 4 hours, he's bottle fed but i can't seem to get him to go any longer... any tips?
    xx
  • last night was the first decent night sleep i had since joseph's birth... he slept frm 10pm til 4.15am for a feed and then woke at 7.15am... he used to b BF and we were waking every cuple hrs... and now tht he is FF, he is gettin better...
  • i'm hoping noah starts being more consistant soon. at the moment we bath him between 7.30 and 8.30, then he feeds for an hour (i'm breastfeeding) then he will go to sleep for 4-5 hours, he will then wake up and feed for an hour then go back until between 5 and 6. it will be nice when he seeps a bit longer so idon't have to go to bed at 8.30 lol, to get a long stretch of sleep in. He has done this pattern for two nights now so hoping it lasts as i feel slightly more human!!

his feeds in the day are still all over the place especially in the afternoon, any one else finding this? x
    noah will be 5 weeks mon
  • I try and feed before bed at 7-7.30pm, get him up at 10-10.30 for a feed then he wakes around 2-3am then He did well last night, i fed him at 10.30 then he went till 4am which is the longest, i gave him a small feed and he settled till 7am.

My other 2 kids, one went from 10pm ish till 7ish by 6 weeks, (he was ff) and the other (bf) went the same times by 9weeks. Hopefully ive only a week or 2 of being up at night!!

Oh im doing all the feeds, oh has only got up 1 night to do the 3am feed, and that night was my only long sleep (11.30-6am) since he was born, 7 weeks today!!

Gemm x
  • Felix goes roughly 3 hours between feeds at the moment (at night, less during the day). I tried giving him formula at his last night time feed to see if he went any longer but he still slept for 3 hours so I am sticking to breastfeeding for now. He has a final feed around 11pm then feeds at 2, 5 and 8 then we doze or chill in bed watching TV and chatting until around 10 when we get up so I feel well rested by the time I get up. After his 5am feed I take him to my OH in the spare room and I sleep much better until 8 when he wants his next feed and my OH goes to work.
  • Harry's doing quite well at the feeding and we mostly have the 7, 11, 3, 7 routine going on, give or take a bit. Last night he took a 7oz bottle at about 1030 and he slept till 4.30am. I think thats the most sleep I've had at once for about 6 months as I didn't have heartburn or need the loo lol!! After that he slept till after 8 as well so it was lovely. I'm also hoping to only have a couple of weeks left of it - dd slept 11-6.30 ish from just before 6 weeks - Harry is now 24 days so fingers crossed.....

RickiD & Harry
  • Evan is 7wks tomorrow and for the past few nights he's been going 6hrs. We put him down at 7pm after a feed and he'll wake at 10pm/11pm and then sleep for 6hrs and then have another feed and go down for another 4hrs.
  • 2-3 hours at the most at the min, he just screams after every feed, changed his milk it did help but its started all over again, at docs monday x

Hayley and louie 4 weeks x
  • i think you are all lucky !!!

Dylan goes anywhere to between an hour to 3 hrs, no routine to it, he wakes when he wants food. He doesn't seem to settle very good after sort of 3 to 5 am so some nights have been awake from 3 am. i bath him every night about 8 pm, then he feeds till about half 9 so gonna start gonna bed at that time and seeing how long he sleeps for. At the moment i would say i am surviving with about 3 hrs sleep per night at the most.

Melissa
  • hey meliissa ,
    Noah is similar to this, the second half of the night is hit and miss an d sometimes he wakes at one, then feeds for an hour and does not settle!!

last night he wouldn't settle until 11.10pm then woke at 1.50, got him settled at around 3.30 and he slept until 6.30ish so that was quite a good second half!! a dummy has helped a lot tho!!

my bedtime is also when ever he goes to bed some nights 8 lol, but until i know he can go longer at night i will be doing this!! x