Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Christmas!

What things would you like for your babies for Xmas? My family like to do Xmas lists and have already mentioned dd having her own Xmas list! So far I have put bath toys on there and classic books like snow white and goldilocks. I want to get her something special for her first Xmas, my friend was given a first Xmas personalized bauble for her dd which was really cute

Replies

• Hey hun,

I am going to just get her some toys and ask everyone else to get her clothes or give us vouchers so we can get clothes or other toys throughout the year.

I actually bought her first present in Tesco the other day!! I got her a learn and groove station in the tesco baby event.

I think her grandparents would like to get her a bauble and i am going to get her a identity bracelet for her birthday. Not too bothered about getting something really special for christmas. Might just get her a wee bear or something. Mamas and Papas have some lovely christmas stuff image

Lx
  • We have got Niamh a little pink wicker chair that was mine when I was a little girl and that my mum had got when for her first christmas! I have had it recovered and it looks fab!

I have also got her some books and a outfit!

That is meant to be it but I have itchy hands again and want to buy more lol
  • Our little mans got a L&G station and he loves it!!

As for christmas pressies, we've got a few books put away for him and some clothes. Wanting to get him some toys but not sure what to get him.
  • I am really really having to try so hard not to just give it to her just now! She would love it just now to play with! Will need to get hubby to put it somewhere that i can't get to it! :lol: x
  • I think izzy's Christmas list grows daily as I continually think of things I want her to have today for instance she was bouncing on my mums lap and I thought "oh I must get her a bouncing tigger" god Santa better be due a windfall cause it's going to be an expensive Christmas!!!
  • we ve just got mia a bouncey zebra thing, also goin to get her some mega bloks an clothes , o but then we have her birthday the month after, o wot else to get , i could spend a fortune but im goin to be good lol xx
  • I bought Georgie the fisher price zebra bouncer today. Reduced from ??50 to ??33 in Tesco. If people are Christmas shopping, go along to Tesco as they have a baby toy sale on at the moment. I also got some vtech stuff for my friend's newborn, was fab.
    I am soooo excited about Christmas, its my fave time of year!!
  • we're going to get Alfie a little walker/ride on for Xmas this year and we've got ds1 a battery powered jeep with 2 seats so it will eventually be for both of them but think Alfie's a little too small at the minute, though I'm sure he can have a go with mummy holding him lol.
    I really can't wait for christmas this year, especially as it'll be my first year of ds1 actually understanding and getting excited.
  • Ooh some good ideas here! My mil suggested clarks vouchers too which I thought was a good idea cos we're forever gonna be buying shoes for our LOs! Oh I soooooo cannot wait to get DD her first pair of shoes, I will be able to satisfy my shoe fetish without DH complaining!!
  • Oh no, ive not really thought about it yet!!! We were thinking of asking our families to give us money to put towards a holiday next year. Might ask for small gist and money. As for what im getting, they all get far too much and i am really going to try and not go mad this year!!! The big boys need clothes and prob so does Arran. We have toys coming out of our ears here so im not really keen to rush out and buy lots. Think i will think carefully about it.

I dont know what to get Arran for his first xmas. We didnt really get big things for the other boys, my eldest got the m @ p baby gym for his, and i cant remember what the middle one got.

Right, away to hunt on toys r us and argos for ideas, now youve got me in the mood!!

Gemm x
  • Another thing bought today - a jigsaw puzzle! And there was me saying I was all done. Though ELC did have a sale on lol
  • I bought Emily another present today! I love Tesco!! I got her the Fisher Price pram walker image It is ??25 in Argos and i got it in tesco for ??17!! So chuffed!
  • g/c as saw this on the homepage!

I have started shopping for DD (13+4) i was in tesco yesterday and completely forgot to look at the toys (i was hunting for leggings as she seems to be outgrowing them pretty quickly lol and i got disctracted....

i think i may be taking a wee trip there on wednesday lol x
  • They have some great bargains just now image I had to stop myself buying more! :lol: x