Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010

is anyones elses bubs refusing night feed ?

hi as the title says is anyones elses LO refusing night feed , Mia just wont take it at all. trying to get her 20 oz daily intake is now starting to get imposable , with her not being able to have dairy at the moment. we have been advised to give her soya yogurts by the HV which she loves. the HV as advised us to to try dairy products in the next few weeks which we will do , but until then its just this night time feed that she is refusing.
is anybody else having the same problem ? or any advise would be much apreciated .

loz & mia 6 months xx

Replies

• sorry, bubs is still having night feeds, not as many as before though?

I'm assuming she's fully weaned? Do you think you could be feeding her too much solids or feeding her a little too late at night?

I'm no expert, I can only tell you what I do which is baby cereal at breakfast and bottle, fromage frais yoghurt at lunch and bottle, afternoon bottle, 5.30pm 2 large cubes of puree, 7pm bottle and then 3/4 feeds through the night after that?

Don't know if that helps :\)
  • hi yes sorry shes is fully weaned . and sleeps through ,
    she usually wakes up between 7.30 am - 8 am as her breaky and bottle , dinner at 12pm jar , yogurt and bottle , tea at 4 ish jar , fruit pot and juice and usually night bottle at 8 - 8.30pm then bed . but she just dosent want to take her bed/night feed xx
  • could she be teething? you could try putting some bonjela on her 5 mins before you give her her bottle, could be the teet is hurting her gums, my lo did that a while ago? :\)
  • Rebecca went through this last week, she only took 2oz at bedtime feed,so I then gave her a dream feed when we went to bed about 11ish and shed then have the rest. However it only lasted a week and now she's back to taking it. Not sure if that helps Hun!

Jem
    xxx