Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO Gemm

Hey hun, I wrote a big long message to you recently and then BE ate it and I couldn't be bothered to write it again!

How are you getting on? I am sure with 3 small ones it's a challenge but a lot of fun! Are the older 2 getting used to the new arrival?

Felix is an absolute dream and I am dreading it all going wrong, I am sure it can't stay like this forever. He feeds every 3 hours, sleeps all night apart from his feeds, goes down really well in his moses basket, he will play really happily when he is awake which is most of the day now and breast feeding is finally getting there. The only problems we have had are with latching and thats getting a lot easier. He has had a few days when he wants feeding constantly but it seems to coincide with him having a growth spurt and he is just feeding to increase my milk supply and it settles the next day. I am hoping now he is taking more he will start sleeping longer at night.

How are you feeling, are you recovering well? Labour really wasn't as horrendous as I was expecting. It hurt more than I could have imagined but at the same time was so much more bearable. He was back to back and I had a lip on my cervix that didn't dilate, I really think if he had been the right way round it would have been a couple of hours and a breeze. I am getting less stressed about having another one as each day passes.

Anyhoo a certain someone needs feeding again so I am off. I hope this one works!!

Miss I and Felix

Replies

• Hi, i love FAO, its so nice to log on and see !!

We are doing ok, getting there. Im really shattered but for some reason this week ive started feeling less tired, i think my body is getting used to my new sleep pattern. The only way i can cope is when i settle Arran, between 7-8 i go to bed and get a couple of hours before his feed. Beggest prob ive been finding is that my older kids dont sleep in the day now like the oldest one did the last time so when im up with them at 7am thats it.

Ive also got a oh that is always tired and although he doesnt say it i know he gets peed off if hes here and i go to bed!!

Arran has been doing well with his feeds. Hes got a blocked up nose this week which has been a pain, he cant feed properly coz he cant breath. Im really paranoid after my middle son stopped breathing at 3 weeks and the last couple of nights ive thought Arran was going to do the same when he is feeding. Its just coz he cant breathe through his nose.

Got tons of snow here today so i dont know if im going to toddlers today but i better dash and get the baby fed again, express, get myself dressed, and the 2 boys dressed and get the oldest one to nursery for 9am. Dont know how i do it!! Will be late no doubt, i always am the days that oh is here coz i dont rush as i think he will get up and help, but he doesnt,(still in bed now)

Catch up later

Gemm x