Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

stitches - anyone with 'too tight' ladybits!?

hot on the heels of Em7's post..... ;\)

Hubby and I have done the deed maybe 4 or 5 times since DD was born 13 weeks ago and everytime it's felt like my lady bits are a bit too tight on the inside if that makes sense (ie not the opening but the bit actually inside). I had 2 internal (no external) stitches after delivering DD and was just wondering whether anyone else had experienced anything similar? It doesn't make sex hurt but it does make it a little uncomfrtable in some positions... (now I know the proper answer will be 'go to the docs and get it checked out' and I have been meaning to I promise! It's just I can't seem to find the time to have my GP root around up there.....)

Also I mentioned it to hubby last time and he said he'd noticed! To be honest that freaked me right out as I had hoped it was just me being hyper sensitive!
xxx

Replies

• Hey hun,

I've got the opposite problem! I had an episiotomy and everything feels huge inside, not as tight as before! I can't believe i just wrote that haha.

I have heard a few girls on baby mentioning things being tighter so i don't think it is anything to worry about unless you feel uncomfortable or it gets sore. It might be worth mentioning it to your doc just incase - although not sure what they could do?

Look on the bright side - some ladies spend thousands to get a 'designer tighter foof' :lol: :P - again i can't believe i just wrote that!

Lx
  • haha LB you made me laugh on the designer foof!!!

Anyway i had this first time round i had internal and external stiches and it did feel like this for a while, this time round i think i only had external stiching and feels completley different bit like LB it took me a while first time round to totally feel comfortable again and this maybe a bit of yours are you fully relaxed? As LB said just mention to your HV or GP they will take a little look and see if everything is healed well did anybody check after a week or so after birth? xx
  • I had internal stitches and everything does feel a bit tighter up there. I find sex uncomfortable for the frist few seconds, but then it's absolutely fine, so I have not been worrying too much about it.

I got a very enthusiastic response from hubby - along the lines of 'wow, I thought everything would be bigger but it felt great!' image

I had kind of assumed some of it was down to the stitches (I had quite a few!) and some of it down to the fact that we didn't have sex for quite a few weeks before and after the birth, so that area was a bit...unused!

xx
  • aww thanks girls. Knowing that there are other slightly tight foofs out there makes me feel better!

No-one has checked it since the birth (except hubby!) SO I guess I should get someone to have a feel and see if its heeled ok.

lord above -the things we have to go through! xx
  • I know a few people who have had this problem and have had to get the stitches re done. Not to worry you MN but if its bothering you I would get it checked, it may be able to get fixed.

I had an episiotomy the first time and i was lucky, i had about a million stitches but they were sewn really well by the consultant and every time i see a doctor/etc they comment on how lovely my scar is and how well it was done!!! I actually felt better down there, much more sensitive . Ive been lucky in my other 2 births and havent even needed one stitch!!Yipee

Gemm x
  • lol designer foof. lmao!!

Trust me hunnie, after having four children I would love to be a bit tighter lol...dont knock a good thing lol

No only joking, I had the same with my dd1, in the end it just seemed to relax where my stitches had been and the uncomfortableness while having sex seemed to go away.....Hubby hasnt exactly got a small "member" and I did think is was cos he has a "big-un" that it made me feel a little more stretched after my stiches lol!!!

Even after no'4 I actually felt a little tugging and stretching again once the stiches had healed but all seems rather fine now lol, it will be even better when hubby's nuts heal from having a vasectomy 9 days ago lol!!!!

Keep up the bonking and all will be fine Im sure babe xxxxxx
  • LOL Babs4, how do you have time or energy for bonking with 4 kids!!! My hat goes off to you and your hubby!

Gemm x
  • trust me gemm its all about routine and good early bedtimes for the kids lol lol lol!!

Hubby would have it alot more but I am so bloomin shattered lol he gets his wicked way enough to keep him happy but still wanting more lol lol!
    Treat em mean keep em keen lol!

I would like a bit more "us" time too but it doesnt really happen like that often! more like a quick wham bam thank you mam kind of session and I will see you next time kind of thing lol lol!
  • hahahaha babs4 you are a legend!!!

thanks for the advice girls xx
  • babs4, we have good routines and early bedtimes, yet it still doesnt happen often. My prob is when i feel a bit frisky, OH is usually at work. We rarely get to bed at the same time due to his shifts . It usually goes like this

1. OH gets home at 2am or stupid oclock, im crashed and there is no waking me.
    2. I get up 7am with the kids, oh is snoring
    3. Gets to 9.30am and baby falls asleep so i put him in bed
    4. Put dvd on tv for my older boys
    5. Sneak back into bed for a bit of nookie
    6. 2 mins later one of the boys wanders into bedroom and announces he needs a poo!!

How romantic!!

Gemm x