Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

are you going to mum&baby groups?

If so, which ones are you going to?
I'm still trying to work up the courage to make the first step...!

xx

Replies

• Options
    I want to start going but wasnt sure if LO is too young and everyone would have older lo's. Would also like to hear which ones everyone is going to.

Steph and Harrison (7 weeks 6 days)
  • Options
    I only go to my breast feeding support group on a monday morning. I have been going since lo was 3 weeks old. It has really helped my confidence with bf her in public. It's also great to just have a cup of tea made for and some toast image The mums are lovely as well.

I don't know if i will be going to any other ones when lo is older. I think there is a 'mini-musicals' group on in my local library but i think she is too wee just now.

Lx
  • Options
    I am - I go to a breastfeeding support group on a tuesday afternoon. I have been going since Niamh was 12 days old and it has been my lifesaver! I live for my Tuesdays lol. I have also just started to go to boogie babies on a Tuesday morning and sing a long and play on a Thursday morning. Next week I am also hoping to go to a group for babies 0 - 6 months and a first time parent group. I will also hopefully be starting baby massage in about 5 weeks.

I love getting out of the house and meeting other mummies and I have made some friends via the groups. I think Niamh enjoys the music groups as we do get lots of smiles x
  • Options
    We go to a mum and baby group twice a week it's for newborns right up untill school age so I mainly go for my toddler. There are a few groups near me for babies under 12 months that I'd love to go to but I can't as have noone to watch rhys.
  • Options
    This time round I havent been to any lol!

With my other 3 I went to most mums and babys groups usually 2 a week but this time as I see most of them every day at the various schools/ nurserys anyway I think we would run out of things to say lol!

I might do the baby music bob at the library in a few weeks but right now I am probably just being anti-social and like my time alone with baby while everyone else is out of the house lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    I go to a first time mum and baby group every friday morning. Its fab as its a good chance to speak to other new mums and have a chat. Everyone is really friendly. I also go to baby massage classes and am going to go to a music class too xx
  • Options
    My LO just comes along i to things i already go to with my other kids. I dont do anything just for him at the moment. We have a busy week tho, we go to mini gyms and a toddler group in the gymnastics academy, (for my other kids but Arran will start when he can walk) and 2 toddler groups. One of the toddler groups was the first thing i ever went to when my first was 10 weeks. We have been going for 4 years now.

Things will change in August when my oldest goes to school and my middle one is at nursery in the morning. I will maybe try some of the music groups for babies.

Gemm x
  • Options
    We go to Baby massage, Gymboree and we are about to start a Music group and swimming. I started taking Lo to gymboree when she was 8 weeks old and each week she loves it more
  • Options
    i go to bf group on a wed morning and i love it. The childrens centre also has a group on a wed afternoon which i am gonna start going to. I have put my name down for the baby massage group. I like the soind of thew music group, i don't think my children's centre offers that.

Melissa x x
  • Options
    Wow, you guys are busy! I asked today about swimming classes, but I have to wait til DD is 6months old, so will have to just take her in the kiddie pool myself for now. Someone approached me at the baby clinic last week about my local surestart centre. Need to get over my shyness and make a move!! xx
  • Options
    I always found the thing with baby/toddler things is i force myself to walk in confidently, sit down and turn straight to the person next to me and start chatting. You only have to really push yourself the first couple of times and then it becomes much easier. Dont sit quietly playing with your baby, you really need to try and talk to everyone. I like to just ask loads of questions. How long have you been coming? what age is your LO, how are they sleeping/feeding etc. You dont have to give to much away of yourself but people will happily chat about their LO

Good luck

Gemm x
  • Options
    Hi,
    I have been going for the past 2 weeks LO's 2 months and its great meeting new people and LO's. I have also been going to baby massage which he loves. Get us out the house as well x x
  • Options
    I've looked online today and found there's a Jo Jingles (music) and Baby Sensory near me, so will start with those as I don't have to make sweet conversation for an hour! Gotta listen to the teacher!
    My friend has also suggested we go to a mum and baby bums and tums class together which sounds cool.
    Think I'll start with the two classes plus the exercise for now and see how I feel later on with regard to going to a regular mum and baby tea and chat group...

Thanks for the tips about pushing myself Gemm!
    xx