Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010

Been to Visit Work

Hi ladies,

I just need to get this off my chest and talk to someone about it...

Me and Rebecca have been to work today as they were holding their annual BBQ (it's about the 4th time I've been back) and it was weird. Most of the girls were lovely as usual and doing small talk, but I just felt really out of place and not that welcome. As I got back in my car I cried and I am now as I type. My work has played such a huge part in my life and loved it there, but now I just don't feel a part of it. I don't really understand why I feel upset by it either.

It's probably a pointless post but I just had to get it off my chest.

Jem
xx

Replies

• Bless image

It's surprising isn't it how peoples attitudes towards you change once you have children isn't it, it's like they assume that you're a different person whereas if they made the effort they would realise you are still the same!

Don't take it too much to heart, i don't know what else to say to be honest because my workplace haven't even contacted me, not once, not even to congratulate me on the birth of my child and I work in an office of a hundred or so people, we all know eachother reasonably well, and it's one of the biggest companies of it's type in the UK, you would have thought they would make more of an effort!

You know what though hun, F them, that's what I say, you have something much more worthwhile to do now and there are other jobs, i know that maybe doesn't help but I soon realised the sad reality that work friends seem to be exactly that, friends whilst you're at work and not when you're not!!! :roll:

Give your lo hugs and kisses, make you feel better xx
  • Hello I completely understand how you feel I have been back a couple of times since I started maternity leave and found each time was strange and a little uncomfortable which made me very sad as I thought I had a good base of friends there and they were all nice but it was like we had nothing to talk about! So I completely agree with morello Don't let it get you down nobody is worth that cuddle your little one and remember that once your back things will probably settle down and each evening you will be going home to you dd love rena
  • Thanks ladies so I didn't reply sooner! I feel a bit silky for letting it get to me so much!!! But I've taken on board your advice and thought f them and I gave rebecca extra big hugs that night!!

Jem
    xx
  • Oh darlin, it's probably because you have been away for a while and things have carried on without you - it's hard to find your place again but i'm sure if you choose to go back you'll find yourself straight back in like you never left.

Chin up you've been doing a far more important job looking after Rebecca.

xx