Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Missing in action :D

Hi ladies,

My little man has been holding me hostage since he was born and i am very concious of missing all you lovely be ladies and the invaluable advice and good laughs!!!!

So I have managed to render him unconcious for a little while (thank god for my rainforest swing image) and have popped on for a long over due catch up!

So Ethan is just the light of my life image and I just could not be happier being a mummy!!!! He is 5 weeks on thursday and so far is doing really well apart from a blip with an upset tummy and the most awful nappy rash, which was caused by my antibiotics :\(

Now as his bottom is less sore he is much more setteled during the day and feeds really well from me. He had put on 2Ibs 4 ounces in 4 weeks and is probably well over 10Ibs now, so his weight gin is fab!

Now our only issue is lack of sleep at night as he just will not go longer than 2-2 1/2 hours between feeds, and seen as it's just me up doing these feeds it is exhausting to say the least!!!! I've tried expressing and feeding with a bottle but he just looks at me as if to say "Yeah good joke mummy now get your boobs out before i scream the house down!".

But even with the lack of sleep I couldn't be happier with him........he is my life and i just love him to bits!! Hubbie got home from work yesterday and said he had a little cry on his way home as he remembered the 1st time he saw Ethan and just how much he loved him! :\) how cute is that!!!!

So one happy mummy here and hoping all you other feb mummies are doing great!! Any other missing in actions feel free to update here when you too escape for 5 mins :lol:

Best pop off again as Sir is waking for more boob juice image

Love to all
Em & Ethan xxx

Replies

• hi! i have been missing in action too... my husbandhas been away since sam was 2 weeks old and as i had a bad birth resulting in em section i have been camping out with friends and now my brother until oh gets back on 9th april. he has missed us terribly and we have missed him but can finally see the light when we can all be a family again in our own home with our 2 dogs. sam is amazing though - he has put on over 3lb since birth solely off breast milk. i am not sleeping too much as am looking after him myself while brother and sis in law are at work and nights are mine too so is hard but we are coping well and i could only be happier if hubby were with me xx

love bex and sam (5 weeks today)
  • Hi,

I only seem to have had time to read a few posts rather than reply to any, the last 7 weeks have merged into a blur of feeding, burping, changing nappies and snatching a few hours sleep occasionally.
    There is a permanent imprint of my bum in our sofa! I keep creating lists of things I need to do whilst breastfeeding - but it just gets longer, doesn't help that dh is away working this week, and for the previous 2 weeks (i will be confiscating his blackberry over the easter weekend tho so we can have a family weekend!)

I have finally managed to get ds to have a morning nap - he tends to fight sleep during the day (or more likely mummy has not yet worked out how to get him to fall asleep for more than 20 mins at a time). He's been down for nearly 2 hours now, which is a record image

oops - that tempted fate, he's just woken up

bye for now!

copperbeech and gorgerous george! xx
  • Hey em,

Good to see you back :\) Glad Ethan is doing better after his nappy rash and tummy upset. How are you doing during the day now? Are you finding it a bit easier now? I am finally managing to get bits and bobs done when emily is sleeping.

Emily is doing great! She was 10lbs last wednesday so has put on about 1lb in 5 weeks. Apparently she is a 'banana baby' where she is getting taller rather than fatter :lol: She is tending to go about 8 hours at night now. If I knew what makes her sleep so well i would bottle it and make a fortune :lol: We co-sleep so i dont know if that has anything to do with it.

A girl at the bf group i go to was having some issues with her wee boy not sleeping for very long. The health visitor suggested stripping off and lying in bed with baby for some skin to skin and allowing him to feed whenever he wanted by allowing him to latch on himself while mum slept. You can sleep on one of those absorbant pads used for toddler to prevent you leaking on the bed! Might be worth a shot? Apparently mums will instinctively curl around their baby in a C shape so no chance of rolling over on him.

L and Emily 6 weeks today image xxx
  • Days are much better now thanks L.......were getting used to daddy being away and enjoying each other! I'd love to go to a bf group but im stuck at the mo as can't drive until after 6 weeks due to the emer section so can't get to any...but that's wortha shot so thank you!

Glad Emily is still doing so well xx
  • There is quite a few missing mummies, come back everyone!!
  • i dont get on here as much as i'd like to either. Evan tends to keep me busy during the day & if im not playing/cuddling/feeding him, then im getting jobs done around the house.

Glad to hear that we're all enjoying being mummies.
  • Ive been missing in action to, keep popping to read and catch up on everyones posts while feeding but havnt got around to posting!

I too am loving being a mum, Harrison is really good, he is sleeping well at night so im not too tired, he is just very hungry during the day. Up untill the other day he was wanting 4 bottles every hour-hour and a half! Put him on the hungry baby milk and it seems to be starting to work, he is now going between 2-3 hours and taking 5oz.

I cant believe how fast its all going image