Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Feb 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Who does your baby look like?

My baby looks the spitting image of me as a baby but because he's a boy everyone goes on and on about how much he looks like his dad! He does have some of his dad's features but is more like me really.

Just wondered if anyone else can see who their baby takes after?

Also, has anyone else had stupid questions asked. I'm fed up of people saying 'Oh is your husband blonde then?' or 'Why is your baby blonde if you and your husband have brown hair?' Grrrr... lots of babies start off fair haired and get darker or black haired and get lighter!

Replies

• I think Emily is my hubby's double! She looks so like him as a baby and when he is holding her i think she looks so like him image

Here is hubby as a baby:

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv55/ladybird_2009_photos/26998_395539551472_745746472_365057.jpg

And Emily (although she is a bit older than he was in this pic):

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv55/ladybird_2009_photos/em.jpg

I have a better pic in which she looks so like him, but i cant find it! hmmmm....

Lx

[Modified by: **Ladybird** on May 28, 2010 04:29 PM]

• They do look very alike. They definitely have the same shape to their mouths.

Do you get people saying she looks like you just because she's a girl or do most people recognise that she is like your husband?
  • I think that people who know me but dont know hubby tend to say she looks like me and people who know him better say she looks like him. It really depends who is commenting. I dont think anyone has said that she looks like me just because she is a girl.

Everyone has an opinion and many of the opinions contradict each other lol. My mil just keeps saying that Emily is just herself and will be her own wee person :\)

• Arran looks a lot like his dad sometimes, but he is my DS1 double at the same age. Its quite scary, but you cant tell the two boys and me apart as babies. DS1 is my double now so will wait and see if Arran changes again

Gemm
  • DD basically looks like someone has photocopied my husbands face and stuck it on to hers. It's a good job I pushed her out or I'd seriously doubt my involvement in the whole thing!! xx
  • mia is very much like her daddy wen he was a baby , lets hope shes like me wen she older lol x
  • lol @ monkeynuts, cos we're exactly the same. DH saw t shirts on the internet that said me and mini me and is going to get them, that just sums it up!
    DS Is also very like what dd looked like at the same age. I think it's very sweet!
  • aww alot of feb babies looking like their daddies! My doctor said that babies look like their dad's when they are babies so that back in neanderthal times dad's could tell if the child was definately theirs! :lol: hmmm.....